bonus track?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

nfo
Tenfold

bonus track?

Hey, does anyone know what this is about a bonus studio track on iTunes? I really like the album so far, so I wouldn't want to miss out. Unfortunately I don't use iTunes (and of course I already have the CD).

I don't know, but it would seem silly to me if they recorded 12 tracks and made one of them an iTunes exclusive...
Katie
Invocation

Couldn't tell you. I just logged into iTunes, and just the 11 tracks are coming up when you view Eisenhower. I've bought albums with bonus tracks before and they usually list them before you buy. Anyone else find it? It may just take a little while to sort that out.
tyler
From the Gecko

i don't see Eisenhower at all on iTunes...
jeff

search: The Slip and then two versions of 'Eisenhower' should come up under their name. One has the original 11 songs and the other has a bonus: "Lonely Boy." This version sounds great!
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

yup odd that they have 2 versions, i feel that this would mess up buying results too
nfo
Tenfold

Oh well, hopefully they'll release it later as a single or something, for the rest of us old-fashioned, iPod-less, CD spinning freaks...

Wow -- Lonely Boy is one of my favorite of the new tunes. I love the melody on it. I hope I'll be able to download it as a single tune from iTunes or elsewhere. Any ideas?

Gemeneye
Katie
Invocation

Yup, they fixed it, sort of. Only one was coming up this morning.
I found it by using the 'power search' looking for 'The Slip' under artist. It's still not up under the The Slip-> Albums, but probably will be shortly.

ps: Right now I'm seeing a lot of 'buy song' links up on that second album link...

right-o

you can just search for lonely boy and then buy the tune by the slip.
Nice.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

what this sound like? is it just brad?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
GeMeNeYe
Get Me with Fuji

Nope, it's a full band version -- with same production quality as the rest of the album. It sounds great, and I believe it does have the distortion on Brad's voice that was removed from the IKE-version of Suffocation Keep.

I love this song!

Get it!

Gem
sm
Beantown Rocker

ya, i have a show where while introducing the tune brad says it's going to be on the upcoming album... so, i guess it was recorded for the album, originally.. wonder why it got cut? too similar a vibe to suffocation, maybe?

at any rate, i grabbed it off itunes last nite and it sounds great.
Katie
Invocation

You know... I never thought I'd say this but I have to agree, it is good. Lonely Boy has always been one that I hate hearing live (apologies to Brad, but the vocal melody just seems to drag on and does nothing for me)... but I really enjoyed the instrumental layers in the studio production! If they can make me like a version of that song, you know it's good. Nice work, BAM.

I'd have had trouble finding a spot where it fits in with the flow of Eisenhower, so from that perspective I can see why it was left off. Worth listening to as a bonus though, I'm glad they put it out there.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

personally id like to see a 4 or 5 song ep of B sides

the bonus is cool to get some more mula but the lips put out EP's all the time and they are stellar