Unraveling the "Eisenhower" Mystery . . . ?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Phrazz

time is relative

you guys are funny - never seen a clock tick backwards?

heavy gravity will do that

(film at 11)
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

headnugg wrote:
diesel wrote:
headnugg wrote:yah, that's weird about how the replies are out of order

THis album is kicking my ass right now, Brad's voice sounds AMAZING. The production sounds great, I'm excited! Maybe I can stop yearning for the old jazz and embrace the new rock now......only time will tell.......
first i saw a pig fly, and now this.. whats the world comming to?
Do you mean it's weird how good Brad's voice sounds? :lol:
yeah add that and the fact tote found the back to the future time machine... this is too much. maybe next someone will drop me a copy of the album. uh oh i shouldnt have said that.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
headnugg
Invocation

tim wrote:
headnugg wrote:Have the Slip ever listed Wilco as an influence, or someone who's music they dig?
The Slip's press kit wrote:While the band’s line-up remained consistent throughout the next few years on the road, their sound developed considerably and the instrumentation expanded radically. The SLIP grew from young, earthy avant-gardes to strong, dynamic rock composers, creating a new sonic landscape that drew equally from CAN, U2, and new interests like Built to Spill, Flaming Lips, and Wilco.

the setbreak music during the narrows NYE was 'yankee foxtrot hotel' and 'a ghost is born' respectively...
You can really hear a sturdy Wilco influence on the new album

**Now I'm hearing a definate Pink Floyd influence.
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
putty
From the Gecko

i remember reading on the website a while back that Marc was a big fan of wilco.
dev

been spending this sunday mornin watching lectures for an online class im taking. . - 'advertising n public relations as social control'. . . kind of a whacked out lefty professor but he lays out his ideology pretty straightfoward. the lecture im watching now (exam1, lec12) deals with eisenhowers "warning" to the american public back in 1960- what he called, the military-industrial complex. he also touches on the 9/11 conspiracy theory. . I'm sure yall are well aware, or already have ur opinions set in stone, n yeah school is school, but i wanted to share. if yor interested. .this guy sut jhally is one of my favorite professors n his lectures are up on www.comm387.com for all to see. . . he's a smart cookie, provides kind of a "what's really going on, for dummies"
question is. . now what?
tyler
From the Gecko

whoaa that's weird, i just saw a movie jhally did in my mass communications class. it was about how music videos encourage rape, or something to that extent. unfortunately none of the examples came from after 1991 so it was a bit dated.