promo cd --- anyone heard it?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

putty
From the Gecko

promo cd --- anyone heard it?

this message is on The Slip's myspace page.

"Hey Guys,
I am one of the lucky owners of a promo copy of the new album. I can not take it out of my CD player, every track is brilliant. It is one of my favorite albums of all time.
I hope to see y'all soon."

So, I guess it's out there now. Anyone heard it? And more importantly, anyone know when it's actually going to be released? I know this is a topic that has been on "shut up and wait" mode for quite a while, but now that it's officially autumn, i can start getting antsy again.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

first off, if you clicked (i be you did) mr. Sayers myspace you would see that he is a phenomenal bassist and a friend of BAM i assume, and thus he would have the privilege to hear the demo

it will come out, after pumpkins and before Santa

_Dan
ScS
From the Gecko

according to an email i got from homegrown today, it'll be out november 7.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
mjm
Yaki Soba

ScS wrote:according to an email i got from homegrown today, it'll be out november 7.
Did it say anything about a label?
"It’s not like rock and roll was invented by the people who play it right. Rock and roll was invented by lunatics. It belongs at the end of the day to lunatics. It doesn’t belong to people to prove their muscularity." - <i>Marc Ribot</i>
bouche
Alsoa

I can't wait to hear this.
Phrazz

Did anyone say anything meaningful?

Let's not let the cat out of the bag too early, K?

Or else it won't be a SURPRISE!!!
Every picture tells a story.
cheese!

it's easy for the guy who already knows to want it to be a surprise for everyone else :wink:
ScS
From the Gecko

mjm wrote:
ScS wrote:according to an email i got from homegrown today, it'll be out november 7.

no.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
Phrazz

easy vs right

it's easy for the guy who already knows to want it to be a surprise for everyone else
It's the right thing to do -- doesn't mean it's easy.

I know it's not Sony. :)

We'll all know soon enough. Very soon now.
Every picture tells a story.

OK - how soon we gonna know exactly ? -- heh heh
headnugg
Invocation

The Slip have officially been signed to Jimi Hendrix' new label, Electric Lady Recordings.

This is not official: Hendrix sits in w/the band on one studio track and spars with Brad Barr throughout.

Should be cool.
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
Phrazz

Hendrix rarities

This has nothing to do with the topic, but I find it's an interesting diversion.

Speaking of Hendrix sitting in (and vice versa)...a long time ago someone made me a non-Slip disc and threw on some filler of Hendrix with someone who sounds a lot like Miles Davis. Now I've heard all sorts of rare Hendrix, but this one was completely new to me. Any ideas what this was?
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Re: Hendrix rarities

Phrazz wrote:This has nothing to do with the topic, but I find it's an interesting diversion.

Speaking of Hendrix sitting in (and vice versa)...a long time ago someone made me a non-Slip disc and threw on some filler of Hendrix with someone who sounds a lot like Miles Davis. Now I've heard all sorts of rare Hendrix, but this one was completely new to me. Any ideas what this was?
lol, talking about off topic!

i know that miles wanted to jam with hendrix after they met at the isle of wight fest in 70. after they made their arrangements to jam, jimi died.. or so the story goes.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
tyler
From the Gecko

i'm partial to the collaborations between Hendrix and Jim Morrison. especially the one where Morrison just starts yelling "fuck her in the ass!" or whatever. that was some weird music.
fourthaye
Lion on a Rock

I have heard about that tape phrazz, the hendrix one. It was widely rumored to be miles. However, from all the stories I found it seems that Miles and Jimi only met once, and there is no known recording of said meeting. Whats interesting is that apparently they had decided to do some recording together, and were set to go into the studio within days if not the same day that Jimi died. Crazy. Ill see if I can find the full story somewhere...
~good energy perpetuates good energy~