Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

bitchtits
Alsoa

boston music awards

vote for the slip best live act.....

http://www.nemoboston.com/dashboard/vot ... roup_id=10

DO ITTTT
RL

I voted the other day :) Come one, come all and vote!

I also gave Amanda Palmer from The Dresden Dolls props on her unique voice.
sara

happy birthday

happy birthday, robyn!
RL A.K.A. appleofmyeye

Thank you Sara ;} You so sweet! When are you playing again? And why don't you come down to Diego.....we would be more than happy to find a place for you to play?!

(((((SMILES)))))
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Sonya Kitchell is all over that. I worked with her when she was like 15 or something. I voted for The Slip and Apollo Sunshine!
Phrazz

2006 NEMO BMA - The Slip win "Best Live Act"

Every picture tells a story.
bouche
Alsoa

atta boys! I hope these 5 votes pushed them over the edge!! ;)
Phrazz

5 votes times lurker ratio = at least 30 votes

Given the current web stats, I'd multiply these by at least a factor of six. This is about the ratio of non-registered lurkers who read SlipLive to the registered users. Oh, and maybe we're assuming people would vote for The Slip as the best live act, but there were seven winners on the list that I picked (at least the ones I knew and a guess or two).

Now this topic has 119 reads (this makes 120) so that's 5 times 24. So the read ratio increases because the same people come back 2 or 3 times. Or if these are unique reads, those 5 votes are even more "powerful".

This aspect is very much a factor in real voting. When you go to the polls, your vote counts at least double because that many others didn't even vote! If we go state by state (dunno how it works in Canada ;-}) then the "vote power" ratio is very different, based on representative density and timeliness, and many other factors (psychological or demographic..or otherwise).

Now if you're voting A vs B of course, this double-power ratio may not be as significant as when there are 3 or more choices.

As my best friend attorney says, "Vote early, vote often!" (I know he stole that quote somewhere, but I lost the source.)
RL not signed in

Good point