Who died and made Jim James the Oracle of Delphi?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Do you approve of the job that Jim James is doing as arbiter of the obvious?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:46 pm

Yes
53%
No
7%
Who is Jim James?
20%
This whole thing is absurd, and funny.
20%

Total votes: 15

Colin
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

good point...
SamNo.2

You guys crack me up.

To my friend Diesel: Yes, I can roll back up in here after an eve wherever the fuck I want and bring whatever suits my particular fancy.

To quote the eloquent sm:
fuck that.

black dice fans dont need lou reed to tell them that black dice is cool!

and the ones that dont know should seek out some other opinion. somehow. somewhere. i dont know how, but they should.
Next, whomever said, “i don't think the mmj fanbase is your typical TRL crowd,” owes me a drink.

This is more interesting: “everything is mainstream now due to the digital era. isnt it??”

But it is the immortal words of headnugg, my friend, that issues the most trenchant verbal issuance:
THis thread is fucking stupid.

Jim James is the man, MMJ rocks and kudos to Jim for pointing out in TWO bigtime, mainstream mags that the Slip is cool.

Easy, simple, nuff said, now why would anyone argue with that?
And Dan and Colin are in Japan in fact or in spirit.

I don’t know Mr. James, and I certainly bear him no ill will. I just don’t think what he had to say means shit other than one man’s opinion. I’ve been around the media long enough to know that talk is cheap. And ultimately, however a nice guy Mr. James is and however a good little band he’s got, at the end of the day, he’s just not going to have that much of an impact on the Slip’s popularity. Now, if you were to suggest me someone with actual street cred like my dick, then maybe we could have a convo. See?
tyler
From the Gecko

ok i don't know what point you just tried to prove. rolling stone asked jim james to recommend a band for a feature they always have, he obliged with the slip, what's the problem there?
headnugg
Invocation

SamNo.2 wrote:Now, if you were to suggest me someone with actual street cred like my dick, then maybe we could have a convo. See?
??
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
headnugg
Invocation

SamNo.2 wrote:Now, if you were to suggest me someone with actual street cred like my dick, then maybe we could have a convo. See?
huh?

Sorry didn't mean to make this post twice.
Last edited by headnugg on Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
Bohu Tohu
Poor Boy

what's going on

i just don't see how this kind of publicity is bad in any way, shape, or form. i'd love to have my band mentioned in rolling stone, and i don't believe jim james is saying anything that could possibly have a negative effect on the future of The Slip. i think this is the most pointless thread i've ever seen and im quite sure the band is happy about the whole situation. ("Thanks, Jim.")
Colin
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

lock and kill this post
putty
From the Gecko

why would you lock and kill this post?

it's a dumb topic, but it's probably safe to say that it's not the first of its kind on the old information superhiway.