Beantown Rocker

Does

Is one of my favorite albums ever.

Does
"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. "
headnugg
Invocation

Gecko = even better
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

I love Gecko as well.

I think Does is a better album, but I like the songs on Gecko more.

Theres a lot of little things on Does that I really like, for example Does and Paint Cans.
putty
From the Gecko

Does was my first taste of the slip so it'll always have a spot in my rotation. Gecko is awesome too. Some great songs on both.

It's amazing how much the band has changed over the years. So many different chapters in the evolution of the band. I'd one day like to see the band try to play a show that spans their career in order from start to finish, and try playing the songs like they did in that time. Probably impossible at this point.

I feel like the alivelectric period was gone before the cd even came out, and i completely missed it.

I agree Does has a special place in my heart as it was my first slip listening experice. Better album than gecko. Which, Gaboni, i dont know if you remember but you were responsible for giving me my first listen. thanks
Non-Fiction
Ambrosia Drunk

Anonymous wrote:I agree Does has a special place in my heart as it was my first slip listening experice. Better album than gecko. Which, Gaboni, i dont know if you remember but you were responsible for giving me my first listen. thanks
ahh that was me. woops
And if there's one thing I know to be true, it's let what you love be what you do.
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

putty wrote:Does was my first taste of the slip so it'll always have a spot in my rotation. Gecko is awesome too. Some great songs on both.

It's amazing how much the band has changed over the years. So many different chapters in the evolution of the band. I'd one day like to see the band try to play a show that spans their career in order from start to finish, and try playing the songs like they did in that time. Probably impossible at this point.

I feel like the alivelectric period was gone before the cd even came out, and i completely missed it.
yea, I find it really interesting to look at. I think in some ways the NYE show in 2004 was kind of similar to your idea.
putty
From the Gecko

tonygaboni wrote:
putty wrote:Does was my first taste of the slip so it'll always have a spot in my rotation. Gecko is awesome too. Some great songs on both.

yea, I find it really interesting to look at. I think in some ways the NYE show in 2004 was kind of similar to your idea.

oh yeah? i need to get that i guess.

and let me rephrase that from "start to finish," to start to present. this shit aint close to being over.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i think those 10 years were possible the most fantastic warm up ever
GeMeNeYe
Get Me with Fuji

Reviews