rhapsody

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

rhapsody

anyone signed up for rhapsody yet to grab NYE or the other goodies on there? I keep havign second thoughts... thier billing policies are a little unclear. also does anyone know the deal with them and acutally burning music to a CD? can it then be copied more or put onto an iPod?

peace,

-john
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
djb

I would not hesitate to sign up. Shit, its only 9.99/month. Less than the cost of one new CD. Ive been using rhapsody for the last 2 years and i hardly ever listen to CD's anymore. I stream everything directly from Rhapsody to my stereo. There is so much music to explore and enjoy. I have never downloaded any music and burned it. I think rhapsody is much better just for streaming directly to your stereo.
I do know that Rhapsody to go does not work with the ipod. But other than that it is a stellar service
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

yo dude i think i told you this. When you download the tracks, most of the ondemand tracks from rhapsody get downloaded to your computer as sort of a cache so they save bandwidth...

However when you want to burn a track, i believe it is 79 additional cents. each track when burned is converted into an audio cd. Not sure if its a wav file that is being downloaded or just the encrypted rhapsody music file to be expanded into a cd audio file.

In any sort once its burned to the disk you can RIP it back as mp3's or mpeg4's (aac) for the ipod.

or just wait for the itunes release...
Dan