Sarah through the wall...CGCGCE?

Song Lyrics and Guitar & Bass Tablature

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Sarah through the wall...CGCGCE?

Or standard? Or what? I'd love to be able to just pick up and place this tune.
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

yes

yes, CGCGCe

i think the overdubbing on the album version makes it sound more complicated than it is... but that makes me sound kind of arrogant, because its a beautiful and difficult piece.

I've figured some out, and i'm usually good with tabs but i don't see explaining it with tabs well enough. you just kinda have to get that pedaling note down. hold down the 5th fret on the 5th string (now the low G string) and it should match the 3rd string (now C) for that unison sound on the first pedal note. start pedaling and see if you can pick out the melody on the 3rd string and 2nd string (C). i still can't seem to wrap my head around those very funky chords leading to the higher melody part, i have tried listening to the lowest note but its way tough. when things are in alternate tunings, i always think of chords as shapes rather than notes, which i find can help, but everyone learns/sees it differently. if i have some time this week, i will try to tab out some of the basic chord shapes for it... but tabbing out a picking partern that changes alot is tedious and kind of takes the fun out of the whole thing... IMHO

'newst flurries', now there's a tab i'd like to see

- john
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
booher

Um, do you mean match the 2nd string? I've always left the 3rd string G as G...I mean, I thought they called it CGCGCE for a reason :lol: (i mean, assuming you're talking low to high here)
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

um

for the unison pedaling sound... i guess i meant the 5th string formerly A should be fretted at the 5th fret, and the 4th string formerly D should be open
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
booher

Right, but you can tell that that's overdubbing in the recorded version.

I'm going to listen more closely to the solo show he did opening for sonya kitchell at the loft at ucsd.