Online Lyric book

Song Lyrics and Guitar & Bass Tablature

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Online Lyric book

I spent the weekend fattening up my online library with lyrics, chords and many songs have an embedded mp3 of the song right on the page.
Help me by letting anyone who might be interested in on it.

http://percyboyd.com

nathan
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

as soon as i clicked the link my ipod started playing 'sympathy for the devil'. is there something i should know?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Phrazz

PercyBoyd online lyrics + music

The new site and redesign is super duper cool!!! 8) I've wanted to do this with BAM tunes + lyrics, but haven't had the time. Now all we need is a bouncing ball and the lyrics to scroll in real time with the music. Then you can start making inroads into the karaoke dens. :lol:

Happy Birthday again, my friend. I hope the woods are treating you well.

-Peace,

Phrazz
putty
From the Gecko

wow. what a great source for music. i wish everyone would have one of these.

i took my first guitar lesson today. i learned the g, c and d chords. nathan, which of your songs could i learn with those chords?

it would take less time to tell you which ones you couldn't! I'm a folksinger man, you can play almost all of them now. But let's see, try No hurry to Get To Heaven, or Next Time You're Driftin My Way (on ThaMuseMeant's Myspace for audial ref), Chicken and Rice ok maybe not all of them but more than it would appear....
do you have a capo? if you do and you put it on the 2nd fret your G,C,D become A, D, E, put it on the 5th fret and it becomes C, F, G. and so on, i'm excited you're learning, don't get overwhelmed, there's always much more to learn, always.

If you put the capo on the 4rth fret and play your G- that's a B, now keep your fingers there and while your strumming press down the 2nd ("b") string in the first fret next to the capo, now click on Back in 15 Minutes, the original version. It's just that chord all the way through.

percy
putty
From the Gecko

awesome. thanks percy. i'm having enough trouble just getting from G to C and back right now.

I'll let you know how it goes. My next purchase will be a tuner. Then a capo. Maybe at the same time.

tuners and capos. capos and tuners. and picks to strum the strings.
Phrazz

These songs you can play with G C and D

putty wrote:wow. what a great source for music. i wish everyone would have one of these.
But everyone is not PercyBoyd, now are they? :)
putty wrote:i took my first guitar lesson today. i learned the g, c and d chords. nathan, which of your songs could i learn with those chords?
Nice that you just learned the three most important chords in the history of rock 'n' roll. You can also play like 97 Stones songs, too. And the capo (aka "a cheater") is a quick way to get going fast w/o learning all those hard patterns like A and F and crap. 8)

Another nice thing about G-C-D as the open strings are all over so it lends itself well to finger-pickin'. So bluegrass is right as rain and easy as cake. Just start from the root note of each cord to get a feel and use that root to build riffs (for starters). I like using the low G on the C chord when my fingers are free as it sounds fuller. You can also add the upper D alternatively and use the C scale notes to build riffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_(music)

All you need is the Am and you can play Wish You Were Here.

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/getso ... e.2.chopro

GCD (DCG order actually) also is Sweet Home Alabama and probably a dozen Neil Young songs (he uses Am a lot, too). You can pretty much play those chords in any order (and upside down ;-}).

I don't know diddly about music theory, but thirds and fifths always sound nice and those notes are the third and fifth so all the C scale notes will sound nice in the leads.

G to C is a big move because you're switching maybe three fingers, but just keep it slow and pick the notes one at a time so you know you're hitting the right strings (and it also helps you get going on leads once you want to really get dangerous ;-}).

You gotta have a tuner. I like the ones with the little moving digital red and green LEDs..very small and highly accurate. D'Addario makes this new pick strobe tuner that's probably the tiniest...haven't tried it but I like the idea. The ones you clip on are nice, too, 'cuz it'll take a while to get any guitar in perfect tune (especially when the weather changes)..and as you play the strings warm up and stretch...finicky guitars take a lot more patience. A little known trick is to use the 'A' (440) that's on a dial tone. This takes some effort because it's actually two tones, but the dominant one will give you a nice A to work from.

For acoustics, an A-440 tuning fork is cool because you can hear the ring through the body if you touch the bridge with the fork after you hit it. So the tone and the string sound natural and easier to match. That's old-school though and a digi tuner won't run more than a 20 or 30 spot and even the analog ones (with a needle) are nice. There are like a million tuners (hard-core pros use the rackmounts...but these are hundreds of dollars...you know that robocop moving light you see on Phil's rack?).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=210061

Best thing overall I can say is practice every day. If you can take an hour or two to just learn new chords and try to apply them to songs (harder to pick a song and learn the chords, but some songs are easier than others of course), then you'll learn other songs much more easily. It takes most people a few months or up to a year to get down the basic chord shapes, but once you're there, learning becomes a lot easier. There are many other sites with TABs of songs...just Google it and if others have good sites please share them with your string-breaking cohorts. :)

Kudos again to Nathan for putting his repertoire up there for everyone! This is rare and definitely with lyrics it's like web candy. 8)

-For those about to rock, we salute you!!!

Phrazz
etahn
From the Gecko

Re: These songs you can play with G C and D

Phrazz wrote: And the capo (aka "a cheater")
Cheater...I always liked that word.....

Anyway, I think you can do "To You" with just C and G. I do anyway, just walk the bass down. Looks like Natahn adds a d in there, and a passing Am (naturally occurs in the walkdown).
BTW, I still think this is one of the greatest songs ever, and the version from 3/6/04(?) Waitsfield, VT is some of the best music I've ever heard.
The world really is magic
joexc1315
Tenfold

putty wrote:wow. what a great source for music. i wish everyone would have one of these.

i took my first guitar lesson today. i learned the g, c and d chords. nathan, which of your songs could i learn with those chords?
Let's not forget the easiest rock song of all time, Bob Dylan's Knocking On Heaven's Door. It's slow and all you have to do is down stroke once for each chord. G G D D C C C C. Every other time through C changes to A7 (a C without the 3rd finger). It's even easy to sing along with for people like me who can't play and sing at the same time.
putty
From the Gecko

referencing this thread after a few months.

just to let y'all know where i'm at here...

i think i'm gonna start a CCR cover band!
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

fantastic!
i dig ccr... especially in the summertime...

gotta admit, it's reassuring to remember how many great songs out there use simple chords... i often get bored and down on myself for writing simple songs sometimes, but when the song speaks for itself, it doesn't matter. so many of the greats *are* simple and repetitive...

thanks for reviving the thread!
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>