[BT] THE SLIP 06/24/2009 IRON HORSE (Canuck SP-C4 source)

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

jibooer
Lion on a Rock

[BT] THE SLIP 06/24/2009 IRON HORSE (Canuck SP-C4 source)

Hey everyone in Slipdom!

Just wanted to let you know that I have just uploaded the first night of The Slip's most recent NE mini-tour.

I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did :D !

Once again, thanks cleantone for all your help and your efforts. We missed ya in NYC and Philly.

This was probably my favourite of the 4 nights for many reasons - but mostly because it was a real sketchy place to record shows as the manager is a bit protective of his establishment's name. Alas, BradM and I got 'er done, and are quite satisfied with the results. Another reason I though this show was a bit different that the others was that it was in an environment in which I am used to seeing The Slip - a smaller place with a bit more intimacy. I felt it was the only show on the mini-tour where their 'live' sound wasn't tailored as much to a bigger venue. Sound was great in there IMO. To each his own I guess...

I would like everyone to pay attention to these recordings and pick out the tunes where Marc played the slide guitar, and/or played his bass and bass pedals at the same time. UNREAL.

Here is the link:
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=526476

jibooer