SMMD 4.22.08 Narrows, Fall River, MA (mp3 for now)

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

SMMD 4.22.08 Narrows, Fall River, MA (mp3 for now)

SENDSPACE

Surprise Me Mr. Davis
April 22, 2008
Narrows Center For The Arts
Fall River, MA

source1: onstage Earthworks TC30K> snake> Soundcraft CB8> Alesis HD24XR
source2: fob Neumann KM184> Lunatec V3> Alesis HD24XR
lineage: HD24XR caddy> SDII> DP4> WAV> xACT> FLAC16
recorded by Clinton Vadnais

01. The Real World 8:53
02. Home Away From Home > 5:15
03. Summer of My Fall 6:23
04. Roses and Bottles 5:13
05. When a Woman 8:19
06. I'm No Good at All 4:49
07. One Sick Knave 7:29
08. Fat King of Gods 7:08
09. Sissyfuss 7:15
10. Sleepyhead 7:00
11. Emily Green 4:51
12. Poor Boy 8:59
13. Everything Must Go 3:23
14. Red Sky 5:35
15. Magic Trick 6:02
16. Unprotected Sex Song 6:28
17. Little Boat 5:53
18. encore: 4:08
19. Joelle 10:03
20. As The Crow Flies 4:14

Nathan Moore - guitar, vox
Brad Barr - guitar, vox
Marc Friedman - bass, vox
Andrew Barr - drums, vox

I got a new router and it is not allowing me to access the page that sets up port forwarding. I can't do torrents until I get that straight. So I whipped up a mix from Narrows. I again am not all that happy with my recording from there. I love that place but recording there is less than ideal. This time there was a great exhibit that included flags for American soldiers who have been killed in Iraq. They are still making more to get up to 1:1 but there were already over 3000 hanging in the performance space. For my needs this didn't help as it was essentially a bunch of cloth between the speakers and my microphone. This mix is a pair of mics at the mixing console and a pair of mics on stage. So the vocals come from the room mics at the console.
Last edited by Cleantone on Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

4 down 2 to go
Unfortunately there are not room recordings of NYC or VT. So this will probably be the last seed we will see.
tyler
From the Gecko

I definitely saw a micstand in the back at Higher Ground...
BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

Thanks again Clinton. Looking forward to hearing this one too.

I too saw a mic stand on the right side of the bar at the Higher Ground. Lets keep our fingers crossed, it was a great show.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

He recorded three songs and then had problems.
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

thanks for the show!
i hope that Barrs/Benevento show surfaces, i'm sure its a gem, when's the last time we heard brad rip some free form jazz right?
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

This show is ripping btw. The party is pretty cool too but I think this is my favorite so far. Thanks again for the recording! The recording itself sounds pretty darned good as well, flags and all!
Last edited by harrymcq on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

thanks again and again and again!
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

smoking hot show, brad's vocals are on, probably the best show of the tour (being traded at least)
download this one over all the others, hell download them all
BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

yeah, I am half way through the show and I think this sounds great. I think sometimes tapers, like artists, are their own worst critics! Thanks again.
bitchtits
Alsoa

I didnt see any mics at the NYC show but at least 3 people videotaped the whole show. The one girl had a nice looking camera and was at the front of the stage the whole time. I wonder if the videos will ever surface?
Thrice you have rescued me from falling grace;
once when I was a beggar and you were the rain on my face,
once when I was crippled and you carried me,
and once when the blindness of others taught me how to see.

putty
From the Gecko

so glad that one of these shows came out as an mp3. i can't do torrents, and i need more hard drive space, so mp3s are perfect.

downloading now. can't wait to hear it.
chloe
Lion on a Rock

whoa...... i hadn't been able to sign in for the past few days, and over those days i thought i had come to peace with how awesome the smmd run was, had found words for how incredibly sizzling hot the band was, and then i started listening to this..... i'm trying to be thankful in my heart towards everyone and everything, and here let me just say, cleantone, all those tapers whose names i'm sorry i don't know, sam, all those sound men whose names i don't know, musicians, fellow dancers, old and new friends..... thanks.... the miracle of being able to listen to some of the best times of your life is not lost on me, so thanks.... got two cents here and there but right now i'm kinda overwhelmed and will probably get oversentimental if i try to write about what it felt like as everyone grabbed a table or chair and started rocking at narrrows or just how on it sounded every night, getting to know the new songs and see them progress over the evenings, hues different, but those songs.... man..... see..... gotta go before i start going at trying to describe soundscapes....
Phrazz

super duper thanks!

Sir Cleantone,

It's been said before, but YOU DA MAN! I am continually impressed at how you manage to capture these moments and selflessly share these with all our eager ears. Everyone needs to buy you a beer and/or dinner at any upcoming shows.

I remember that BAM was not into putting shows on Live Archive, but I just got a couple of shows of The Bridge, and here's what I got for download speed:

As we can see, the Fall River MP3 is still downloading from Sendspace, and the Live Archive was at least 10x faster, achieving over 1,100 KB/s at times! I am hoping that BAM will eventually acknowledge that faster means more people which means more tickets...at least that's my view.

Now given that I'm getting over 1 MB (Bytes, not bits) per second on WiFi through a cable modem with another download going is just reediculous!

-Phrazz
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Mr. Davis is a different band than The Slip, I wonder if it would be easier to get them on Archive.