12/31/04 Narrows Center For The Arts, Fall River, MA

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

12/31/04 Narrows Center For The Arts, Fall River, MA

bt.etree.org

I hope I can seed this okay. Just took me 4 hours to prepare it. Comcast chokes torrents. I am supposed to get 280k upload I think I 'll be lucky to get 45k upload if anything at all. Comcast uses a company called Sandvine to systematically disconnect seeders and leechers from torrents. They justify their "internet shaping" by claiming most BT traffic is illegal. They have recently been summoned to court by the FCC for these actions. They also seem to choke normal heavy traffic. My speeds are only good for a matter or moments then drop to a fraction of what they should be and claim to be for any constant data transfers. Unfortunately I am not getting this up until 1:00am on Tuesday (Monday). I am going to have to just hope it works if people connect before I wake up. Please get one this ASAP and hang in there! I don't want to have to seed this for days on end if I do not have to.
The Slip
December 31, 2004
Narrows Center for the Arts
Fall River, MA

"Simple" Multitrack Recording "The Reference Mix"
recorded, mixed, and mastered by Clinton Vadnais

disk 1:

1. Even Rats (cut) 2:19
2. Meowskers part 1 3:35
3. Autobody Experience 8:05
4. Cumulus 4:44
5. From the Gecko > 14:18
6. Zion 5:38
7. Meowskers part 2 2:08
8. Honeymelon 18:37
9. Yellow Medicine 19:12

disk 2:

1. Meowskers part 3 2:30
2. Intro > 2:55
3. Hey Worrier 5:42
4. You Might Say > 8:13
5. New Years!! 2:52
6. Children of December 14:11
7. Johnny's Tune > 14:23
8. Else 10:51 Built To Spill

disk 3:

1. banter :46
2. Paper Birds 15:53
3. Even Rats 9:20
4. More About Me 7:14 with Sara Azriel
5. Proud 9:57

disk 4:

1. banter 5:55
2. Joe Higley 7:37
3. Suffocation Keep 6:38
4. encore: 5:21
5. Whats So Funny About Peace Love and Understanding 5:03 Elvis Costello
6. If One of Us Should Fall 10:00
7. Meowskers part 4 4:51

3/11/08 notes:

I had written a pretty sizable piece earlier tonight when I started prepping these files to seed. I managed to lose it. I can't recreate my free writing from earlier so I won't try. I have rung in the new year with The Slip many times. This night was pretty special for a variety of reasons. Most of which won't translate well with this recording. Notice I labeled this "the reference mix". That's what it is. I made a simple multitrack recording with two room mics and direct outputs of the console. The tracks were not perfect. It would take to long to explain what I mean by that. It would also take to long to explain how long it can take to mix a multitrack recording of a full concert. This one was over four hours all together! This mix was made to be able to hear what went down as well as what we got on tape. It would be too big of a project to redo properly. Perhaps someday I can make that happen. Listening to some of these tracks tonight makes me wish I could spare the time to do so. I want to grab the faders that no longer exist to make changes. It's always hard for me to hear old mixes. Recording and mixing is a continual learning process. For eternity. So this is what your gonna get. By popular demand. Grab your favorite inebriant. Sit back and relax and go back to NYE 2004. Hope you enjoy. Ladies and Gentleman... The Slip!

Clinton
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

all i can say is wow, thanks for making this happen, you're the man clinton
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I can't wait to hear this one! One of the legendary Slip shows has now been set free! Good work Clinton and thanks so much for all you do, it is not wasted!
Katie
Invocation

Thanks Cleantone!

I haven't heard anything from this night since it happened, though I probably could've at some point. I think I just didn't want to ruin the memory or something, but it's been long enough that I'm really looking forward to hearing it again. :D
etahn
From the Gecko

this shit is so dope. I wonder if I'm on this tape? (I only wonder because I'm listening to 11/29/03 and Phrazz is clearly pontificating on the benefits of the pre-show nap between tracks. Ahh, Narrows..)
The world really is magic
etahn
From the Gecko

oh, btw, I hopped on this BT. I have to slow it down for a while because they yell at us at work if we hog bandwidth, but I'll plug in again at home tonight and should get better speeds.
The world really is magic
Big Bob
From the Gecko

oh boy oh boy oh boy!

you are the absolute best, clinton.

huzzah!
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

I haven't heard this one yet. Thanks Tone! You're the best!
bitchtits
Alsoa

Wow this was the greatest NYE of my life and was the show that began the tradition until this NYE of seeing the slip and will be the first time i have heard anything from this show since that epic night. Thanks Clinton
Thrice you have rescued me from falling grace;
once when I was a beggar and you were the rain on my face,
once when I was crippled and you carried me,
and once when the blindness of others taught me how to see.

bitchtits
Alsoa

holy shit that show was as amazing to be at as it was to listen to, i remember when my landlord wasn't on a CD or when even rats wasn't on a video game. "your hands are scratched your feet are black your warrior blood can handle that" man those lyrics should have stayed with that song. "one more song one more song one more song" thats what i was chanting standing on the side of the stage after "If One of Us Should Fall' was over..............really thanks again for the music and recalling that night i cant say thanks enough

Brian :D
Thrice you have rescued me from falling grace;
once when I was a beggar and you were the rain on my face,
once when I was crippled and you carried me,
and once when the blindness of others taught me how to see.

tim
The Weight of Solomon

thanks so much. can't wait to go back to this night.
lumpy
From the Gecko

Clinton - Thank you for all the work you did! This show sounds very nice to these ears :D

The better half points out the 'borderline' tease in 'else', along with the frequent 'blue moon' - :lol:!
Stankdog211
Ambrosia Drunk

This is awesome... thanks so much...

Live Music Beth just wrote a bit about it...

http://www.stateofmindmusic.com/?entry=142
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

aw, i'm a little late for the train here, could a few of you guys jump back on and seed for a bit? i'm going slow as a snail at 57%...
:(
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>