slipping daylinghts

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

chris schroth

slipping daylinghts

needless to say i am a huge huge slip fan. i was reading something online, and it mentioned that they played with the living daylights. they played high sierra and released it, as well as a number of other shows, under the name the Slipping Daylights. i was unable to find anywhere to download any of these shows, or even just to buy the cd they released. if anyone could help me out that would be amazing.
take it slow
Ryan
Tenfold
Location: Riverside, RI (Home of Lee's Restaurant and Lounge)

I have a copy of the slipping daylights shows if you want em. They are both in single track format, cuz it was basically one big jam. They're pretty rumpshakin. If you wanna do a bnp you can email me.

ryan@powertrip.net

i posted this once already but it disappeared, so I apologize if this is like duplicate or something.

peace
-ryan
"Who is Marc Friedman?"
The Fan Club Begins
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

I think their might be some on oz as well.. I might be willing to do a trade for those as well... drop me a PM...

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/pstehley
my list is soooo far from updated... but this is roughly what I got... let me know...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
torph
Alsoa

there was an official (but very limited) release taht you get via mailorder for a while. Did anyone manage to hold on to a copy of that? I seem to recall that it was a High Sierra release.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Never heard of it. When was that?
Katie
Invocation

I came across two 'Slipping Daylights' shows through a snail mail trade with someone on either etree or phishhook. They came to me labeled as 11/14/99 and 07/14/99. The person doing an introduction on the '07/14' disc mentions it being the 4th of July, so I've always asumed that's really the correct date, which would place the show at the High Sierra. The 11/14 disc is most likely from around then as I see a note in Slipbase about the 'Slipping Daylights tour' for a set on 11/15. Each of these is one disc, one is one long track, the other is split into 4 tracks. It sounds like mostly improv stuff though sometimes I can pick out pieces of things that sound familiar, like this one jam that actually sounds similar stuff I've heard them play in Song (of Mysterious Origin).

These are among the few shows I have that I sadly don't know much else about... anyone else know anything about the shows they did together? Or how many are in circulation? 07/03/99 and 07/04/99 come up in a search of etree. Phishhook lists people with 07/04 and 11/13-11/15/1999 and 07/03-07/05/2000.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I have 5/5/99 and the 11/14/99 for what thats worth.
Katie
Invocation

I'm listening to the 07/04/99? disc right now and everytime I listen to it I hear parts that I know sound familiar... but with it all on 1 track I can never find these parts again to compare to other recordings. I wish I could piece together more of a setlist from the recording.
torph
Alsoa

the release might have been culled from one of the shows that you guys are talking about, perhaps the high sierra show that Katie mentioned. it was a super limited release. I remember that it sounded really good. were any of the shows you guys mentioned sbd's?, b/c I wouldn't be suprised if it ended up getting circulated through traders.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

is this set that's up on bt right now the set you're talking about?

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=10299
nfo
Tenfold

From the first comment, it sounds like the Slipping Daylights set was later that same day...