Oink Rants

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

*nods*

what tone said...
although i did read most of it. *sigh*

point by point bickering over something that is at this point impossible to agree on, or even casually accept differences...

do people steal released music? yes.
does the fact that people do it make it legal? no.
will alot of people stealing released music change anything with the social paradigm of acceptability or music industry workings? possibly, but not necessarily.

this, IMO, is all a very clear example of what has happened with our instant gratification culture... it used to be that we'd copy tapes for friends or whatever, which while technically illegal, didn't tend to make a huge effect on musicians overall. we were patient, we shared, we were grateful. we were *stoked* if we knew someone who had something we wanted to hear and they were willing to dupe it. (yes, i'm generalizing in a huge way). now... damn. you want something? go download it. oink oink. pardon my french but y'all sound like greedy little piggies...

i've held my tongue throughout this whole "discussion", but man...
can we move on now?
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

magpie wrote:*nods*

what tone said...
although i did read most of it. *sigh*
Please accept my apologies.
point by point bickering over something that is at this point impossible to agree on, or even casually accept differences...

I should know better, but my buttons were pushed. I couldn't help myself. :oops:
i've held my tongue throughout this whole "discussion", but man...
can we move on now?
I admire your restraint. I'm entering a self-help program. I'll do better, I promise.
Phrazz

Oink rants moved

These off-topic posts have been moved here. Other off-topic posts will be split as necessary.

Future posts about Oink on General Conversations will be deleted.

-Phrazz