http://vorlon.cwru.edu/~eff1/Slip

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

etahn
From the Gecko

Since Dan pointed out that the YMS in this show kicks ass, I checked it out, and he's absolutely right. Dig the rest, too.
http://vorlon.cwru.edu/~eff1/Slip/TheSlip2000-02-25/

I've always sort of hated this show, because it was the first time they really killed it in Cruz, and it was about five months after I moved away. Fucking hot, though.
The world really is magic
etahn
From the Gecko

11/22/98 up now for all you FPD- (and WERS-) heads.

Special bonus prize to the first one who responds with Brad's greatest on-air quote ever.
Michael
Tenfold

can you post the setlists for these shows?

thanks
"Oh, if you would and you could, straighten my new mind's eye."
tim
The Weight of Solomon

02/25/2000: Palookaville: Santa Cruz, CA
Set I: Invocation, Johnny's Tune, Yellow Medicine>Yippayuck, Rhythm-a-ning, You Might Say, Dogs on Bikes
11/22/1998: WERS Space Jams: Boston, MA
Set I: Nameless in G, Tempus Forget It, The Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly, ?, Please Pledge, ?, Blues for KD
Notes: 88.9 FM, 7 PM. [Mt. Zion]
courtesy of slipbase
etahn
From the Gecko

The setlists didn't make it onto my server because they weren't in OZ when I downloaded them.

Thanks for the (obvious) posting from SlipBase, tim.

You should know that SlipBase is a work in progress, and I just updated 11/22/98 today. That is, I posted the correction so Phrazz could update it (three words for Phrazz : ftp!)

Here's the update, and I'll throw it in with the show right away.

11/22/98
WERS

I:
Co-Op City
Tempus Forget It
FPD
The Highlands ( >pledge drive nonsense )
Dogs On Bikes
When Cloudy Hushes Moon (>more pledge nonsense>)Blues For KD

this setlist follows the track listing and that's why it looks funny.
Michael
Tenfold

"Oh, if you would and you could, straighten my new mind's eye."
tim
The Weight of Solomon

etahn wrote:Special bonus prize to the first one who responds with Brad's greatest on-air quote ever.
"um, it's definitely being thought of right now. were in, were in the process of starting to think about a new album"...???

incidently, i justcalled to make a $40 donation to get the PSYCHADELIC CRUNCH album and they acted as if they had no clue what i was talking about. i guess my money isn't good enough for those bastards. :roll:

thanks bob...
etahn
From the Gecko

that's pretty good, tim. I was thinking of
"For better, or for W.E.R.S."

I think my all-time favorite Brad quote is "...I think the lights are plugged into a...thing...which is plugged into....something else..."

A close second is when he says there are 12 people in the audience from 22 different countries...

love you, Brad.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

lol, those are pretty good. most of the time, it's not so much what he says, it's how he says it. some other one's that jump to mind,

11/11/04 something to the effect of..."this is marc friedman on the bass, this is my brother andrew on the drums and this is my beer"

norfolk '03 he looks down at a kid and goes "what? you don't like my mustache?"

the sirius broadcast was funny when he was like "yeah, we're thinking about getting one of these for the house or car"

brad, if you happen to read this, stick to music and i'll stick to sales.
etahn
From the Gecko

Because I thought of it today, and because I actually listened to the whole thing while driving up the coast of California a few weeks ago, I decided to throw down one of my favorite Dead shows of all time, 9/17/94. This is definitely from the "old man" phase of the band, with Vince palying keys, Jerry forgetting lyrics, and other things that make some Heads wince. For me, it was my first time eating mushrooms, my third ever show, and the first time I really felt comfortable in my own skin.
Highlights include: Jerry's solo on Jack Straw (the opener), Bobby's Queen Jane call, an enormous Terrapin, and possibly the best Stella Blue I've ever heard anywhere.

I'm working on 3/24/90 (largely released as Dozin' at the Knick), for an epic version od Desolation Row (so eloquently posted by Phrazz recently). SHould be up later today.
etahn
From the Gecko

A day early, but...

Grateful Dead 3/24/90 is up now. A lot of this show is contained on official GD realease Dozin' at the Knick, and therefore the SBD is no longer available. This AUD is pretty good, and I actually am really enjoying hearing the crowd. The band's loud enough that you can't hear much except the screaming. And sometimes DeadHead converstaions are hilarious...
etahn
From the Gecko

Red Rocks

You know that guy you know who has a show for every date? The guy who remembers that May 21 was the Acustic show at Club Passim, or that May 8 was Cornell?

Well, I remember that July 8 was a slammin' show at Red Rocks, way back in '78 (no, I wasn't there). In honor of this glorious day, I've posted the show <a href="http://vorlon.cwru.edu/~eff1/Slip">here</a> for all to enjoy. Keep in mind that the second set is incredibly hot (how's Estimated>Other One>Eyes>Drums>Space>Wharf Rat>Franklin's Tower>Sugar Mags garb you?), and the third (that's right, THIRD) encore is, well, I'll just let you se for yourself.

If anyon'es interested in a lossless version, drop me a line.

Enjoy.
etahn
From the Gecko

AS220

Clinton was kind enough to record and master the latest Slip show, from AS220 in Providence ("..that's Providence.."). Whereas the classic Slip servers are MIA, AWOL, or otherwise not happy, this one's being hosted by the lovely EECS department at Case Western Reserve University.

It has been requested that this one not make the torrent scene, due to questionable sound quality. So if you're hardcore, if you were at the show, or if you just wanna hear it, go nuts. But keep in mind that when you post shit in a public forum, total newbs will have access to it, and nobody wants anybody's first Slip experience to happen with a crappy tape. So be kind to your taper(s) and respect his (their) wishes and keep this one off the greater web, will ya?

OK, now I've said my peace.

Fo nuckin' guts!

http://vorlon.cwru.edu/~eff1/Slip/
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Thanks Ethan! BTW how long did it take to grab from yousendit?
etahn
From the Gecko

About ten minutes. pretty quick, considering the size of the file.