The Slip 11-11-2005 Somerville Torrent [bt.etree.org]

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Hows it sound for my first "Pro" Recording

Very Good
50%
man fix those levels!
No votes
Im surprised!
50%
Stick to streaming
No votes

Total votes: 10

tim
The Weight of Solomon

booher wrote:I was one of those kids in the front row dancing like it was an "8th grade dance." if you remember any of the kids in the front row, i was wearing a green button-up shirt and had my fist in the air a lot with one of my friends.

This was my 9th slip show, and if any of the comments were directed at me
don't be so self conscious, i doubt anyone was refering to you personally.

now had some said, "remember that kid in the front with the green shirt who kept pulling key bumps and pissing in a water bottle? what was up with him and his fisting buddy?!?"....then you should start to re-evaluate your conduct.
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

tim wrote: don't be so self conscious, i doubt anyone was refering to you personally.

now had some said, "remember that kid in the front with the green shirt who kept pulling key bumps and pissing in a water bottle? what was up with him and his fisting buddy?!?"....then you should start to re-evaluate your conduct.
Oh I realize, but it's just too coincidental that I was dancing like an idiot and was in the front row, too. My only point was that you can still dance around like a fool and have a good time, too. It's all in perspective.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i think some data was lost in the conversion of flac back to wav....

cause the set recorded at 1.44gigs

to big for a cd by 40 megs oh well
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

tim wrote:now had some said, "remember that kid in the front with the green shirt who kept pulling key bumps and pissing in a water bottle?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sooo that guy...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
etahn
From the Gecko

Hey Dan. I finally got around to listening to some of this (checking out the Slipseeds Comp lineup), and it sounds fucking hot. I realize you probably did litle more than throw a mic up on a high stand and set (and hopefully monitor) some levels, but I'd definitely take another recording like this over a lot of stuff I've heard (even from guys with more/better/costlier equipment).

I confess all I've heard so far is the beginning of Gecko, but it's pretty tasty. Besides, I can hear myself go "Oh, yeah" when Marc throws that first indicative Gecko lick, and that's always nice.

Lets hear it again for Audio-Technica. Making good cheap mics for the rest of us (to make good cheap recordings).

And lets hear it again for Dan!
The world really is magic
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Hey there Ethan!

thanks alot for that. Makes me feel real nice to know that my first time was nice.

~D