3/31/06 Madison, WI to be streamed LIVE online!!

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

3/31/06 Madison, WI to be streamed LIVE online!!

There is a guy named Matt from the Madison area who does location recording. When I was trying to arrange recordists for the tour he asked about a live stream. He just added this to his rig. I think he is supposed to be able to handle 500 people connected to his stream. Today HQ announced they will be going through with the proposed plan. So he will be streaming a matrix recording online as it is happening. Here are the details as posted on the graffitti:
The Slip show in Madison, Wisconsin will be webcast LIVE (streaming audio only) on March 31st. The show will start at roughly 9:30pm (Central time). You need either itunes, foobar, or winamp to listen. Then, after it is installed, just click this link http://www.tapers.org:9993/listen.pls and just sit back and enjoy the show. You can join the stream up to an hour before the showtime. Thanks to Matthew McCulloch (LiveEars Mobile Studios) for putting this together. Join us for the last show of the tour.
Last edited by Cleantone on Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!! I have a gig that night... :cry: :cry: :cry:

oh well...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

man that venue has some crazy upstream for 500 people
tetsu9900
Poor Boy

ive got this setup to record the stream so ill post up the show later that night
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

ive got this setup to record the stream so ill post up the show later that night
That'll be pretty lo-fi you realize right?
man that venue has some crazy upstream for 500 people
It is the recordists rig not the venues. I don't think he has been able to test it fully. That is what he said his rig is supposed to be capable of.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

it is going to be streamed in mp3 format

judging by his 7.htm

19,0,51,500,19,192,Garaj Mahal with Kick the Cat LIVE at Martyr's!!!!!

he can have 500 people, but only 51 have been his highest

192kbs mp3 format

Tone what he will have to do, is have HIGH speed access at the venue, then upstream to a remote server and then that server will broadcast to the masses. Ideally I could do that too and clinton you too to my server.... 500 at 192kbs is a shitload of bandwidth ha ha

but that would be cool to broadcast like that.

Dan
tetsu9900
Poor Boy

Cleantone wrote:
That'll be pretty lo-fi you realize right?
ummm, incorrect. as long as his stream is good it will turn out fine
You need either itunes, foobar, or winamp to listen
this isnt true either. any media player will do
SpaceIsThePlace
Alsoa

wow, is someone trying to correct cleantone about something recording related? THE cleantone? hmm....
etahn
From the Gecko

SpaceIsThePlace wrote:wow, is someone trying to correct cleantone about something recording related? THE cleantone? hmm....
Not recording-related, network-/internet-related.

Still pretty shocking, though, isn't it?
The world really is magic
Dan too lazy to log in

Somewhat true, media players dont point directly to the playlist file .pls

windows media player wont play a shoutcast playlist file, but will play an m3u or a stream at the port in this case :9334 (i think thats it too lazyto check)

as for quality, the show is streamed in 320kbs as Matt said, but thats still mp3 and Sean they are talking about .wav and .flac as being the best quality (uncompressed) lo-fi as being anything but wav flac and shorten

-Dan
Phrazz

Stream this!

Can I stream to my iZilla?

diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Dan too lazy to log in wrote:Somewhat true, media players dont point directly to the playlist file .pls

windows media player wont play a shoutcast playlist file, but will play an m3u or a stream at the port in this case :9334 (i think thats it too lazyto check)

as for quality, the show is streamed in 320kbs as Matt said, but thats still mp3 and Sean they are talking about .wav and .flac as being the best quality (uncompressed) lo-fi as being anything but wav flac and shorten

-Dan
to be honest, i really dont give a shit about .flac quality anymore. how many verions of i hate love, dec kids, or even rats in lossless do you really need? bring on the mp3 especially if its at 320.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I can understand why you want to capture it. You should go ahead and do so too. I think setting your rate anywhere between 224kbps and 320kbps for the capture would be good. Going with full resolution to in turn make FLAC files would probably be redundant. I just think planning to repost this stream as a bit torrent would probably not be the hottest idea. I'm gonna be at Pearl Street tonight but have fun listening in you guys!
sm
Beantown Rocker

who else is listening to this?

proud > even rats to open and its fucking incredible.
frank

Partially caught Fuji, Wine and White Soda. Right now listening to Reddish Moon. The sound is great! I hope someone is capturing it! This is truly grand!!

Long Live The Slip!