Ok.. Let's start talking about the 2005 Slip comp

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

Ok.. Let's start talking about the 2005 Slip comp

What's up kiddies.. I know with NYE still fresh in everyone's mind this is jumping the gun... but just want you to start getting your head rapped around this idea again... when we start, I'm gonna get this moved over to the trade section, but for now, this will see the most action....

We have to wait and see what shows come out of the NYE run, but we will consider all recordings from 2005

here's the guidelines again for people that may have forgotten how we did this, or were not around...

1.) Only registered users may vote for tracks (this keeps down the possiblity for ballot stuffing, and generally helps me keep track and better order of things) (incidently, everyone can be a registered user)

2.) Only high quality recordings should be considered, nobody wants to listen to a bunch of tracks that are just really crappy quality recordings

3.) Before, we did not include SMMD tracks, but this year I'm thinking maybe we should, we'll have to put it up for a vote

4.) You can only nominate 2 tracks (this was not really abided by last year, and I seriously doubt that I will bitch and moan if you nominate more than 2, it just gives other people the opportunity to nominate)

5.) After a set nomination time frame, I will pool all the tracks together and we will set up someway to listen to them all and you will vote (I will go over the voting process when the time comes...) and the resulting tracks (last year we voted for the top 10, which was enough for 2 cd's, maybe this year, depending on opinions, we can do a SMMD cd and a Slip CD or we can just mix and match)

6.) New additional idea, last year, SM did the cover art, which I thought was awesome, this year, we can open that up to everyone and then people can vote on which album art they like the best?

Any additions/ideas? Is everyone down to do this again?
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
p to the z

try alternate category

Maybe use "Taping and Trading" category for this topic?

I can move when I get home....

-Phrazz
gaboni

this would have been way easier had more of this years shows been taped. I think there were a lot of well played shows over this fall/ winter tour that did not get taped. Its too bad because a few of those shows may have silenced some of the bitching. Oh well :lol:

gonna have to go look through what I've got!
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

perhaps we can do a Poll and that way we can tally? im not sure if you are able to do that. Or create somesort of polling option to digitally calculate
sm
Beantown Rocker

my 2 nominations....

1) december's children 08.07.05 cultural exhange late set - maybe the most raging version i've heard, and easily the best intro for that tune.

2) fat king of gods 07.03.05 smmd high sierra - cuz it rocks balls.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

likin' the #2 choice.. definately a keeper in my opinion!!!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Katie
Invocation

Moved the thread for ya phrazz...

Hmmm... the comp on the other hand is gonna take a bit more thought. Perhaps it would be helpful to compile a general list of shows that are circulating, so we know exactly what there is to work with?
Last edited by Katie on Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

That's a good idea... we should include the SMMD shows as well..... Dan.. you should have a pretty good running list...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

I think, but am not sure, that i have every released show from 2005
tim
The Weight of Solomon

2/19/05- landing>even rats w/timo

8/5/05 fuji
gaboni

tim wrote:2/19/05- landing>even rats w/timo

8/5/05 fuji
I think you could use a lot of tunes from the shows in Japan. Ive been holding out on my picks until I listen to more, but I guess as this thing gets going things will surface. My first pick is actually from the Japan run.

1. STTN from 2/18/05

I havent listened to that fuji since, gonna have to throw that in. I do believe there was a dear milena in that set as well :!:
gaboni

that was a pretty nice fuji, cant wait for all the challenges.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

if you guys want to test out tracks... Log into slipstream and request the year 2005 under album. Most of my 2005 tracks are not tagged as ive ben real lazy not busy. Ill get on it. But you can look at SlipBase to get the setlists then request it and wait for it to play.

dan
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

I think the Japan shows are really good, I'm just not exactly sure of the quality, ya know... Keep suggesting though... Dan, Cleantone, do you guys know if anything is gonna come out of the NYE run this year? Did anyone tape?
Pat...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The same guy that taped last years Lupo's show taped this year. So in a couple years I'll get it from him (I hope). My Pearl St. recording from 10/28 should be getting seeded sometime. I gave it to someone a few weeks ago to seed. That was a pretty good show.