Torrent

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Chris
Mudslide

Torrent

I'm gonna try to post a show up on BT, and I just wanna make sure I don't put something up that hasn't been anytime recently and that people are intereseted in. I was thinking either,
12-30-02 - Paradise, Boston, MA (w/ Howling Monkey Horns)
11-4-00 - Valentine's, Albany, NY
3-22-03 - The Tralf, Buffalo, NY
11-15-04 - Barley's, Knoxville, TN
or
8-3-03 - Bethel Fest, Hillsborough, NH
There's been so many shows posted and I don't wanna put something up that people aren't interested in, so comment on what y'all wanna hear.
Steve

Post 'em all, there's always interest from someone.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I don't think I have 3/22...
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

I would definately say the 11-14... as well as the valentines shows (one of my firsts and one of my favorites! The beatle on that show is awwwesome...)
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Chris
Mudslide

3-22

Alright I just put 3-22-03 up on etree.
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=18936
The Slip
3-22-03
The Tralf
Buffalo, NY

Disk 1
1. Song (w/ extended flute intro)
2. Lockless Door
3. Wolof
4. Mudslide
5. Back In 15 Minutes

Disk 2
1. Cumulus
2. Hey Worrier
3. Sorry
4. Nellie-Jean > Dear Milena
5. Imagine

I hope this works cuz im about to head to VT and if it doesn't i can't fix it until tomorrow night. we'll see.
Last edited by Chris on Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

People generally like source info. Do you have any? Expessially the people on etree can piss and moan about that stuff. Typically the recording info and then the lineage of what has happened to it since that night. The EAC information etc... In fact a lot of people are anal about seeding shows that have been burned to CDR and then EAC'ed. Me not so much but obvisouly when the origional FLAC is available it is prefered. Some people can be pretty picky. Thanks for the seed though. If this was a Phish show there would already be people bitching about source. Yet another way the internet has screwed up tape trading.

Oh and by the way this is etree and not archive.
Chris
Mudslide

unfortunately i don't have the source info. i'm really not sure where to find it either. I just dug this one out of my cd collection, and I didn't have any of that info written down. sorry to whoever I'm not giving proper credit to.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The credit for whom recorded is far less important than what mics etc where used. Again, I don't care all that much but etree people definitly do. I recorded the Bethel and 12/30 so let me know if you need info for those. Phishhook is down but I bet we can find the source info there. Did you use EAC for the CD ripping? If so was it in "secure" mode? I'll help you come up with the lineage if you tell me what ws done. For example, if you posted this on dimeadozen the moderator would block it until some source info is come up with. It is just something traders are into.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

sources (most likely)

12/30/02 Earthworks TC30K (Jecklin Disk)> Canare Quad Cables> -10db Pad> DA-P1> Audiophile 2496> Wavelab4> CD Wave> CDR> (whatever you did)

11/15/04 B+K4022> Lunatec V2> AD1000> HHB> CDR> (whatever you did)

8/3/03 Neumann KM184 + Soundboard (I think, not 100% sure if I made one matrix and one audience for circulation, or if I was able to circulate the matrix) Anyone know?

I have 11/14/00 but no source info for it. Anyone?
francis
From the Gecko

not matter what, i'm still getting it and the setlist looks really fucking good. thanks.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
mike
Tenfold

source

Here's what I have for 3/22:

Matrix (sb/sony stereo mic)
Recorded and encoded by Jason Booth
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

It does sound like a matrix. I wonder if it was the Sony stereo mic that the band use to use, one that got stolen in NYC with the gear. If that is the case I bet Sammy recorded it but Jason patched or something. Anyone else got info?
Jeffro
Lion on a Rock

thats the same info I have.
Chris.

dont wanna log in

Thanks for the help getting some of the source info, next time i'll make a bigger effort to do so myself. Also cleantone I don't know if this is bad or not, but when i ripped the cds onto my computer i used used wav. and then used flac frontend to encode them into flac. i don't know what that means for the quality. Is there a better way to do it next time? I'm new to all this stuff so I don't really know what I'm doing.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Your on a mac or PC? It looks like you used iTunes? Did you? WAV of AIFF is fine.

By the way files would normally be named slip2003-03-22d1t01 etc...