any torrent requests?

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

any torrent requests?

Just wondering if there is anything (that I can give out) that folks might be interested in? I'll take them into consideration.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

NYE '04.... yeah... I went there.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

(that I can give out)
obviously equals NYE 04 (and a bunch of other thing I guess)
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

don't suppose you have any slip/blue rags shows??
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
lumpy
From the Gecko

Hey Cleantone - what a nice question.

I'm not sure if you have it, but 9.17.02, at vassar college in poughkeepsie. Sam recorded it, but don't know if it ever made it's way further. I put the show together as an educational benefit for the organic farm I had been working on. My friends and I decorated the whole place and it looked beautiful (huge papier maché vegetables hanging from the roof, and a giant string bean lying across the front of the stage), I made the band and crew dinner with food that I grew - and the show itself was spectacular. I know they opened with The Woods, and encored with Honeymelon - but I haven't gotten to hear a note from that night again.

As a whole, with all of my friends from school there, lots of close friends from surrounding states and what not coming in, getting my senior thesis proposal approved right before dinner, and then putting on a successful and wonderful Slip show that highlighted "knowing your food" and getting involved with sustainable ag. in poughkeepsie - it may just have been my absolute favorite day.

Sorry for the rambling, I just woke up - and once I started thinking about the show, I felt compelled to keep writing.

-Lumpy
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Sorry Lump, don't have that one. One of these days I need to ask Sam about getting his tapes. I also need to put pressure on BAM to axe the no SBD or Matrix trading situation. They let a guy video that Narrows show recently. He got 45min or so before his battery ran out. I gave him my card, told him that they normally don't allow but didn't mind today, asked him to contact me, but of course to no avail (yet). He was an older guy in his early 40's I'd guess. He was way into the set. DAMN!!! I pointed him out to Brad before the set and Brad said something about how he is less concerned with things like that nowadaze. So maybe I can get boards out there sometime... maybe
mike
Tenfold

how about something that's not on oz or slipserver? That would be awesome.

-Mike
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

mike wrote:how about something that's not on oz or slipserver? That would be awesome.

-Mike
way to slim it down... :lol:

actually.. I'm curious as to what the oldest show you have is.... or what your *favorite* show is... It's kinda hard to pick for me... just curious though.. carry on...

(incidently.. yes.. it's a very slow day at work.. I'm writing up a procedure.. it's a pain in the ass and I have needed countless breaks the past few days... sure enough I'll be busy agian.. someday.. hopefully soon.... :shock: <- What my eyeballs feel like right now!!!)

also also wik.. incidently... I'm listening to the 2nd disk of 11-22-02 Higher Ground Winooski, VT... good Nellie Jean...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The oldest stuff I have is untradeable per order of BAM. Most of the classic (before I knew about them) shows I have are in circluation. I probably do have a couple which are not. I need to hire a staff of 10 or so to help me sort out my collection. I can't wait untill optical media holds 100GB and a Terrabyte hard drive costs $100 so I can re archive the archive. DVDR is great but you can still only fir 4.36BG on them. I have hundreds of gigs of externals that get full fast with projects.

By the way, anyone wannt spring for some DVD+R and I'll burn a fair amount of data on some in return? Pretty effing lame but I can't even quite afford to buy DVD+R right now. I can but I shouldn't. I had two projects fall through recently and in debt with no income in sight. Food for thought.

http://www.salescircular.com is a good place to look for regional deals... :wink:
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

I'll pick some up for you this weekend... need your address.. and you don't have to send me anything... I'll try and send them out this weekend.. I just gotta hit up kmart or circuit shitty... alright... wish I could do more for you clinton...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
AcRj
Mudslide

5/6/05 E. O'Dwyers....perhaps in honor of their return trip to that venue on Oct. 22. plus another great Stones cover!
I hope you live as long as you like and love as long as you live.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

05/22/1999: All Good Festival - Wilmer's Park: Brandywine, MD
Set I: Pictures of Calysto, Yellow Medicine, So Dope, Johnny's Tune, Alsoa
Notes: Tape labeled 5/21 - BAM either played that day or 5/22.
:?:

the show was on 5/22 btw.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

5/22/99 it is...

I just have to master the recording from the DAT transfer I had backed up. I also have to go from 48k to 44.1k and that take a little while. I'll post it later. Has this one circulated?

edit:

http://www.phishhook.com/cgi-bin/search ... ue&&page=1

Some people have a soundboard, I don't. I'm not sure if this DAT has the Schoeps source or another. This one cuts in the beginning of Calisto, it comes it late. Anyone have the SBD?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I was gonna up the 5/22 to slipserver cause it isn't the best quality, the source is unknown, and the callist is cut in the very beginning. There are too many users connected right now though. Maybe OZ...
Guy from RI
Tenfold

How about the Barr/Friedman/Benevento show from Tazza in late august? That'd be effen sweet.