ISO 4-19-2001 Pearl Street

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Joe Higley
Lion on a Rock

ISO 4-19-2001 Pearl Street

My first show! Anyone out there sitting on this one?

Thanks.
Hear Here
Joe Higley
Lion on a Rock

Re: ISO 4-19-2001 Pearl Street

...I vaguely remember hearing in the wake of this show that Brad indicated it was not to be circulated despite having been recorded. Can anyone corroborate this? If so, that explains why it has never turned up.
Hear Here
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Not sure, never have heard this one.
Joe Higley
Lion on a Rock

If my memory serves me correctly Cleantone (I think) taped that evening in the Pearl Street Ballroom.
Hear Here
Joshie Wah
Tenfold

I have the sign that the band put up around the venue for this show and the following Avalon Ballroom show because they were recording a live album. Rumors in the old Slip crew circulated that the sound on the recordings were bad. They were not letting any one in to Pearl St. with a taping rig. Jim told me I could not patch off of him or bring in my rig to this show. I was running an old school D6 that was mostly used to listen to the tape on the way home and feed my Slip addiction till the next show. But some of my recordings made it out. I would love to hear a copy of this Pearl St show. One of the only times I puddles down at a show. Bella Fleck opened and sat in (on pedal steel) for Its Alright Ma I'm Only Bleeding and all of the instruments were bleeding off the stage and into my ears. Hopefully some day it will surface like the Creekside Jamboree recording form 2001.
Joe Higley
Lion on a Rock

Totally! The Dylan medley was something else. I was pretty floored that night. Would love to hear it all again.
Hear Here
Joe Higley
Lion on a Rock

Joshie Wah wrote:I have the sign that the band put up around the venue for this show and the following Avalon Ballroom show because they were recording a live album. Rumors in the old Slip crew circulated that the sound on the recordings were bad. They were not letting any one in to Pearl St. with a taping rig. Jim told me I could not patch off of him or bring in my rig to this show. I was running an old school D6 that was mostly used to listen to the tape on the way home and feed my Slip addiction till the next show. But some of my recordings made it out. I would love to hear a copy of this Pearl St show. One of the only times I puddles down at a show. Bella Fleck opened and sat in (on pedal steel) for Its Alright Ma I'm Only Bleeding and all of the instruments were bleeding off the stage and into my ears. Hopefully some day it will surface like the Creekside Jamboree recording form 2001.
Gordon Stone, not Bella Fleck. I can confirm this with physical evidence b/c at Gordon Stone's merch table that evening I purchased a cassette of "Touch and Go"
Hear Here
Joshie Wah
Tenfold

Bella Fleck, Gordon Stone whats the difference??? I am kidding. Yes it was Gordon Stone!
Joe Higley
Lion on a Rock

Aha! Glad we got to the bottom of it. I recently came across that cassette again...
Hear Here