The Slip with horns

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

mwred
Lion on a Rock

The Slip with horns

Hey all, I've seen mention of a show 12-31-02 with Timo Shanko, James Merenda and Grayson Farmer on horns. Would be into hearing that stuff, or other sets with a horn section. Anyone willing to re-up on BT or post MP3s somehow? Many thanks in advance.
http://www.mandorlamusic.net - presenting live jazz & other creative music in intimate Boston area spaces
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Re: The Slip with horns

I'll see what I can dig out of my archive. I need to figure out how to share stuff from my dropbox account :lol:
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Here's mp3 of 12/31/02!

12/31/2002: Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel: Providence, RI Audience
Set I: Munf!> Invocation, Johnny's Tune, intro> ?, Before You Were Born, Don't Foil the Mohel#, Hey Worrier
Set II: Intro> Cumulus@, Countdown> Auld Lang Syne> Cumulus, Pungee+, Sometimes True to Nothing, Aptos, 74^
Set III: Mood Indigo%, Hale Bop, Gemini (Kingdom Of Light), Sweet Thing$, Clementine
Encore: If One of Us Should Fall, Trane-ing*
Brad Barr, Fred Torphy - Saturday, January 04, 2003; Cleantone - Wednesday, January 01, 2003: ! w/ Jumby and Zion teases. ? maybe a composition I'm not familiar with. # w/ Guns and Roses teases.
mwred
Lion on a Rock

thank you harry! look forward to checking that out.
http://www.mandorlamusic.net - presenting live jazz & other creative music in intimate Boston area spaces
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

why did the slip not tour with horns more? I'd bet the would be amazing to see live with Horns and a lot of their songs had horns on the studio versions