In Search Of: 2003-10-24

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

bradm
Beantown Rocker

In Search Of: 2003-10-24

Does anyone have
10/24/2003: Le Swimming: Montreal, QUE (CAN)
Set I: funk soundcheck> Soft Machine, Headshot> Else#> Blue Moon, Poor Boy, Come Over (new vocal)*> Song of Mysterious Origin tease > Come Over, Love and Tears
Set II: jam > Something Learned (new vocal #2)^, Driving Backwards with You, Yellow Medicine%, Mt. Zion> Yellow Medicine&, Children of December, crowd loop, Alsoa
Encore: What's So Funny about Peace, Love and Understanding, If One of Us Should Fall
Notes: # Built to Spill cover. ^ lyrics: "wipe your record clean...". % w/Gecko teases. & teases included Green Onion and Pink Panther Theme. [ Betty - furbally1 at aol.com - October 25, 2003 ]
? There was another Montreal show earlier in the year
05/24/2003: Le Swimming: Montreal, QUE (CAN) reviews/20030524/tasoula-Le_Swimming.html
Set I: Planet of Inexperience* > Wolof* > Get me with Fuji, Tinderbox, new vocal tune%, ???
Set II: Back in 15 Minutes, Song of Mysterious Origin $, Poor Boy$, happy birthday!, Gemini (Kingdom of Light)^, Tenfold*, Sometimes There's Wine
Encore: Mudslide* > Sandman*, Hallelujah&
Notes: * on the sitar ??? a jazz standard? % sounded like a reworked version of the opener from 4/27/03 $ acoustic ! the crowd sang happy birthday to andrew ^ with andrew singing!
& leonard cohen cover; fire alarm went off a few seconds after the band left the stage... [ kosta & tasoula harlan - May 26, 2003 ]
which would be nice to have, too.

Aloha,
Brad
jibooer
Lion on a Rock

didn't I hook you up with copies of this already? if not I have them both.

jah bless
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I got them Apple Lossless, can put that up FTP easy....

Or if you are picky I can get FLAC up on etree sometime soon.

Good shows though...
pete
Get Me with Fuji

I don't have lossless, but if you're ok with lossy then here are mp3's of both shows:

File Name: 2003-05-24 Le Swimming, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (AT-822 AUD).zip
Size: 285MB
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l3bjf4
------------------------------------------------------

File Name: 2003-10-24 Le Swimming, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (AT-822 AUD) Part 1.zip
Size: 124MB
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k7o81c
------------------------------------------------------

File Name: 2003-10-24 Le Swimming, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (AT-822 AUD) Part 2.zip
Size: 175MB
http://www.sendspace.com/file/epjg47
"Expressing a human need, I've always wanted to write a book that ended with the word Mayonnaise."
-Brautigan
bradm
Beantown Rocker

Thanks, everybody. jibooer sent me anotherly-purposed package, and included the two Montreal shows I was looking for.

Aloha,
Brad