Sirius Studio Torrent

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

lumpy
From the Gecko

Sirius Studio Torrent

Thanks to Buckley Fountain and Cleantone for this one:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=11367

This is my first time seeding a torrent, so if there's an issue, let me know.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

oh man im at 435kB/s any one there too. WAY better then an ftp thanks

dan
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Everyone seems to be firewalled but it looks like alot of people are getting it! Thanks for seeding it.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

just listened to it this morning. theyre a litte reserved and timid, but good overall. this show is something that wouldnt be bad to burn and pass around to some friends. i know some indie heads that might dig this set. build some hype!
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
ScS
From the Gecko

i agree diesel. brad seems to be timid in his singing. it's an interesting recording though. sounds good so far. december's children is definitely more lowkey than you'd normally expect.

this sounds awesome cleantone. nice work!!!
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
casey
Alsoa

ScS wrote:i agree diesel. brad seems to be timid in his singing. it's an interesting recording though. sounds good so far. december's children is definitely more lowkey than you'd normally expect.
I've heard a few versions where he sings December's Children in a slower style and I really don't like it. It just slows down the entire song. I think it sounds great when he sings it faster.
chris.

i dunno about this show. i cannot listen to decembers children. this recording sums ups the direction the slip is heading in and multiplies it by 100000. that didnt make sense. i guess if this is what bam is into or theyre trying to appeal to more people thats cool. i support them. but i think if they had jammed more and picked up pace of that show especially the vocals (we all love the way you usually sing brad) more sirius listeners would be interested in it.
Del
Beantown Rocker

I think this is a great recording. Definately not my favorite Slip show ever, but the recording is super clean, and it offers up a different take on a lot of great Slip songs... True, the vocals on The Zeroes are completely different than anything I've heard Brad do, but that's what's cool about it. I don't think this is a new direction for the band, merely a snapshot of a one time performance... From what I've heard, the new year's run was unbelievable, and NYE was good enough to be released as an official recording. Imagine if people had said similiar things about The Slip after hearing aliveacoustic? "Oh no, I hope The Slip aren't turning into an acoustic act now..." I'd be all about hearing an all acoustic Slip tour, but what if people based what direction the band was taking from one recording? If you look at what the boys have been playing recently, they are on fire. They're playing better than I've ever heard them play before. i wouldn't judge them based on the Sirius show, just enjoy some new versions of some unbelievable tunes...
"I figured out what I'm good for, making anything look better" - Ugly Casanova
Katie
Invocation

Thanks for tracking down this quality recording of it and getting out there on BT. I enjoyed hearing it. Personally, no, it's not my favorite versions of the songs (and I have to admit, I rarely completely dislike a Slip song but 'Lonely Boy' makes me cringe).

But... one thing you guys have to think about in discussing the tone of the performance is that it wasn't show on a stage in large room, it took place in a radio studio probably in a small room with under 20 people around. To me it makes sense that the vocals on Decembers Children sound more laid back and there's less jamming and the overall tone is less intense.... those things are sometimes influenced by the audience and atmosphere that they're playing in. The set they did at my college radio station was acoustic, partly because Aliveacoustic was just coming out, but also partly because it made sense go acoustic in a little radio station studio... lots of musicians chose to do that on the radio because it's easier and they're more comfortable playing more laid back in a little space. I did have this one band in the station once that played really loud and rocked out... and it seemed a little strange and out of place (not to mention it got me in trouble cause they disrupted the whole building!)....
nfo
Tenfold

Thanks for seeding this - for new stuff, torrents just get it out there so much faster. Listening now and I think it's great. They could have picked up the tempo a bit here and there. The vocals are nice and clean - I can finally figure out all the words.
Katie wrote:But... one thing you guys have to think about in discussing the tone of the performance is that it wasn't show on a stage in large room, it took place in a radio studio probably in a small room with under 20 people around. To me it makes sense that the vocals on Decembers Children sound more laid back and there's less jamming and the overall tone is less intense.... those things are sometimes influenced by the audience and atmosphere that they're playing in.
Took the words out of my mouth. It's nice to hear some laid back versions. You know, sometimes you feel like a nut.