more Bill Frisell

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

putty
From the Gecko

more Bill Frisell

http://www.tauthal.com/index.html

this guy just put up three more shows
Big Bob
From the Gecko

sweet, thanks! saw him the other night for the first time. so good!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Interesting. I know Bill doesn't allow recording and doesn't like digital distribution of the shows he makes exceptions for. It's weird for someone to be launching a new site and using an artist who would not be allowing what he is doing. I wonder if The Allman Brothers will be next up on there. Not that I personally really care too much. Just an observation I guess.

edit: I also just noticed that there is a donate button. It isn't active. At least not yet. That usually doesn't bode too well. I am willing to be that whomever runs this site didn't make any of these recordings. Either way I am willing to bet even more that there would be no permissions or arrangements for profiting. The excuse that a website has costs to run is a poor one as that is an inherent fact that would have been considered from the start. Can't afford it, don't start it. If it were legal and ethical to sell live downloads at will I wouldn't have to work.
pete
Get Me with Fuji

Yikes. There's studio stuff posted there too, like The Lip's Zaireeka album. I doubt that they agreed to that.

That site just seems creepy
"Expressing a human need, I've always wanted to write a book that ended with the word Mayonnaise."
-Brautigan
Big Bob
From the Gecko

hmm, wow. all i had seen was the front page:
If you like what you hear, go ahead and download it. You are free to distribute everything on this site. Everything here is copyright free and was taped with permission of the bands represented.
a blatant lie, perhaps?
putty
From the Gecko

i wouldn't have posted it had i known Frisell's stuff was off limits.

I think the thing about the Flaming Lips's album was that he's actually giving you the ability to listen to all four discs at once without having to get four stereos together at once. Which may be illegal, but I think it's a pretty cool idea.

edit: also, you can't download the Flaming Lips album, just stream it.