10.27.08 Brad Barr, Sonya Kitchell + the Slip

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

my3catsdaddy
Mudslide

10.27.08 Brad Barr, Sonya Kitchell + the Slip

I have a copy of this show and was wondering if I was allowed to share it here.

Brads set
Hello I'm a Monster
The Devil's Harp
Sarah Through the Wall
Maria La O
Ooh Belle
I Hate Love!!!

Sonya/Slip set
Here I am
Who Knows
Running
This Storm
No Matter what
Every Drop
Solo Sonya
Walk Away
Cincinnati
Burn
Soft Machine
You Belong
Fire
Last edited by my3catsdaddy on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pete
Get Me with Fuji

Oh my, I hope so because I'd really love to have a recording from this tour. However, I'm not certain of Sonya's attitude towards distribution of audience recordings (There's nothing on her website that I can find), and I'm also not sure about Brad's feelings about sharing of his solo stuff from the tour.

The issue came up once before here: http://www.sliplive.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=3272, but it was never explicitly resolved.

Has anyone talked to Brad or Sonya about this?
If Sonya and Brad are comfortable with distribution of the show then I'm sure everyone here would be eager to have a listen.
"Expressing a human need, I've always wanted to write a book that ended with the word Mayonnaise."
-Brautigan
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I don't really think this is a problem. I know when I talked to Andrew at the Indy the only real possible problem seemed to relate to soundboard taping. Now I did run off the SBD so that's why I haven't let my tapes of that out yet and I won't without their permission. I am really behind on my mastering so I haven't had a chance to do so but in this case I think unless you were specifically asked not to distribute you can B&P it here.

I know Brad in the past has asked for particular recordings not to be circulated but as far as I know there is no outright ban on taping/trading Brad Barr solo sets.

It couldn't hurt to ask the musicians and of course if they didn't want it out there we certainly shouldn't talk about it here but in this case I see no need to proactively censor... The Slip traditionally has been really friendly towards audience taping at least so I see no need to assume the worst about these other projects.
soraparuq
Mudslide

any word on this Harry?

Wondering if this tape was ever posted...maybe i missed the torrent?
Would so love to rehear this.

Either way, thanks ALWAYS for taping!

Soooo, who's doin New Years East Coast? wish i could, but don't think cards in my favor.

Big hugs,
Dana
All the years combine they melt into a dream
A broken angel sings from a guitar...
And when you hear that song come crying like the wind
it seems like all this life was just a dream
Stella Blue ----Robert Hunter said
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

as far as i know this tape wasn't ever posted/torrented, in fact this current forum is dicussing the legitimacy of posting it, it kinda seems as though it should be posted
i'm sure everyone would love to hear it, i myself have personally only heard 3 brad solo sets, and im super curious as to how the soft machine with kitchell sounded

Adin have you figured out how to convert and upload the files yet? if not you should ask advice on how to do so here
Twitter: @lucsamuels
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

yes indeedy, i don't think there's any issues regarding aud recordings... brad didn't mention anything of the sort to me, at least.

please do share this show, i'd love to hear it!
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
my3catsdaddy
Mudslide

So, I have the show on disc, I have no source info or anything like that. It sounds awesome and I would like to share it, I am not too computer savvy, I am not exactly sure how to create a torrent from WAV files, I ripped the show to my HD but do not have winzip. I would be willing to mail someone a copy of the show and have them post it or just B+P it out.
Adin
my3catsdaddy@yahoo.com
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

another option is to upload the files to sendspace.com and we can download them from there. that way you don't have to worry about torrenting...

;)
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
my3catsdaddy
Mudslide

If I don't have winzip can I sendspace all 6 tracks one at a time or is there a better way?
pete
Get Me with Fuji

7-Zip is a great easy-to-use alternative to winzip: http://www.7-zip.org/. You might still have to send it in two or three parts in order to stay within Sendspace's 300 MB filesize limit.
"Expressing a human need, I've always wanted to write a book that ended with the word Mayonnaise."
-Brautigan
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

The taper Kenny is waiting on a response from Brad about sharing this show. I say just sit tight and someone will let us know.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Lots O' love,

Robyn L.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Don't hold your breath!
my3catsdaddy
Mudslide

I am pretty sure I figured it out, I used 7zip, thanks everyone for the help. This is Brads set only from 10-27-08

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y2mxgp</a>
pete
Get Me with Fuji

The first track brought me to tears.
Thanks.

I'll try to put together a torrent tonight when I get home from work.
-Brautigan
my3catsdaddy
Mudslide

I know what you're saying, the whole set gives me goosebumps!!