New Years Eve

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

ha!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I just now got through set one with the "once over" mix. Man this show was SO DOPE (pun intended). Listening back is blowing my mind. Some of these bust outs are really really good versions!! The recording is good to. Can't wait to finish! I'll once over the rest of the show, then go back making minor changes. Master it and hopefully it can get out there shortly after that! WWWHHHHEEEEWW!!!!!!! This one is SICK!!! :shock:
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

What is it that you do precisely when mixing. Do you play the song back and use a 32band eq to change some stuff at certain points.... what computer program are you using.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Mixing is blending the tracks together as well as adding effects and yes EQ is included in that. I have each track recorded seperate Dan. Kick drum, snare drum, vocals, all seperate and I blend them as I see fit into one stereo track. So I can control every nuance, every drum hit if I want. Panning from left to right and the volume of each track. I'm on my way out so I can't explain in anymre detail... You basically thinking of the next step though, mastering. Like I said before there is a lot of info online and I could spend years telling people specifics on recording but I don't have the time nor patience to do so. Go buy some book and read up on it!
macfly

i know you probably can't do this with this particular recording, Cleantone, but if you do another multitrack recording of the Slip it'd be really neat to hear an isolated mix of Brad, one of Andrew, and one of Marc (3 different recordings, that is). be a great analyzation tool for the guitarists/drummers/bassists out there.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

also... my music editing software can isolate the tracks and put them into 7.1 souround sound. I think that would be really neat to have a slip DVD-A

Live at Narrows!

now im dreaming
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Cleantone wrote: This one is SICK!!! :shock:
thank you captain obvious :)
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

i know you probably can't do this with this particular recording, Cleantone, but if you do another multitrack recording of the Slip it'd be really neat to hear an isolated mix of Brad, one of Andrew, and one of Marc (3 different recordings, that is). be a great analyzation tool for the guitarists/drummers/bassists out there.
Yeah that is kinda cool to hear but I'm sure I'd be shot if I gave anyone a track of just Marc's d/i or something like that. Sorry...

I had a lot of fun when mixing Mike Gordon and Page, listening to just the rhodes and bass rip up Cars Trucks and Buses without drums or organ. Pretty funny.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

my music editing software can isolate the tracks and put them into 7.1 souround sound.
What would you put on which tracks? :shock:
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

soround

Well, from your recordings its mainly stereo. It can do 5.1 too but, you have the drums in back.... like a studio recording, where if played with 7.1 speakers you have the deep bass isolated, crashes one side, toms on the other brads voice right at you.

Its neat... what software do you use?

I have sonar 4 and Adobe Audition
MATT
Get Me with Fuji

progress?

Clinton, what's the progress? I'd just like to know for curiosities sake, no rush or anything obviously, I appreciate all that you do for us. Thanks man
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I'm up to You Might Say making the once over. This process takes some time. Then I will go over it again (faster) and master it. Then how ever long it takes to figure out the release. I'm on my way out to the duo right now!! d/l Matt Murphy's 2/1/05 to tide you over!
MATT
Get Me with Fuji

cool shit clinton! peace have a good show
rhythmicstorm
Get Me with Fuji

clinton

hey...... how are you?

i was just wondering if you're actually doing the WHOLE show or just selected tracks?

hmmm......

peace,
sara
You that love lovers, this is your home. Welcome!