slip2004-08-21 Tweeter Center Mansfield, MA on OZ

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

slip2004-08-21 Tweeter Center Mansfield, MA on OZ

Well, this should be there for d/l now... Let me know if you see it or not. I don't use OZ much so I'm not 100% it worked.
Big Bob
From the Gecko

hmmm, i can't seem to find it
Phrazz

Thanks, Cleantone

Hmmm...maybe you're looking in the wrong place?
Jeffro
Lion on a Rock

I'm grabbing it now. It's in the upload folder for whoever's looking for it. Sounds good Clinton. Andrew sounds huge! Definitely a different sound from a live show than I am used to but its cool. Also, I dig that tunes like Fuji and Decembers are slightly shorter than usual. Though I haven't heard them yet, I bet they get right to the point.
MATT
Get Me with Fuji

Thanks for the quick response Clinton.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Definitely a different sound from a live show than I am used to but its cool.
Yeah I don't usually record them from 75 yards away.
e-rock
Mudslide

OZ still won't work for me
venus stop the train
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Can someone torrent this? I've never seeded a torrent and my mac doesn't seem to like torrents so I didn't want to try seeding this and have it fail. Feel free if someone can knab it from OZ and put it on etree or whatever.
etahn
From the Gecko

I'll make some space and throw it up in simple http as soon as I'm done downloading (1hr 16min according to my ftp client).

Into Nellie JEan now.. Wicked excited for Solomon.

While I'm thinking of Stadium Slip, does anyone have the Oswego set? Beuller? TORPHY?
The world really is magic
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Leave the text file this time okay :twisted:

I had someone email me for it saying they downloaded it but the text file was basically from slipbase. I assume that was from your space. No big deal but I like the proper source to go with the files. 8)
etahn
From the Gecko

OK, it's up. http://vorlon.cwru.edu/~eff1/Slip

If something has a textfile that I created, its becasue OZ didn't have one, and I created it myself by listening, NOT by using SlipBase (you see the Driving Backwards call from 4-13-2000?) A lot of Setlists on OZ ARE from SlipBase. (Like 3/22/03).

If you're going to make assumptions about me, at least make them nice ones, eh? :wink:

Everyone: if there's something wrong with my site, email me, PM me, whatever. Don't bug Clinton. He's busy.

ps: Don't tell Clinton, but the mp3s are at http://Areyoukidding?.he'd.fucking.killme.org
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The guy said he doesn't know where he d/l them from. I'm not sure if he is on this site here or not. This was from a different message board. I'm the only person who recorded the Ice Cream Truck and I just don't see why the files would be somewhere without my text file to go along with it. I don't really care that much of course but it makes sense to me. This makes me wonder if someone reseeded a EAC rip or something.

Ethan is right though, try other outlets before me if your able :twisted:

I also had somone contact me because a torrent dried up before they finished getting the ICT. I had to agree to B+P or course, didn't want o be a dick, but I have NO idea where that recording is. Somewhere in my 5000+ CDR's or DVD's. It's gonna take me an hour of going through CD's to find em. One day I'm gonna dry up, I'm telling you.
etahn
From the Gecko

The again, sometimes it's safer to assume the worst.

I did at first seed exactly that: an EAC rip of ICT. I had the whole thing on CD, and I figured if Flac is truly lossless, then you can go back and forth as many times as you want, and still have the identical file, right? So rather than wait for OZ, I just re-Flac'ed my CDs. And for a short while, there would have been a Slip show with no source file. Sorry about that.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Oh... I see your logic but I dont trust it to work 100% like that. Though EAC is great and works well it is of course dependant of the source CDR. I'm not a computer expert by any means but CD Burners are not perfect. Your bound to lose a bit or two making an audio CD. Also if the CD gets scuffed or marked with fingerprints it can effect the rip. I bet if you would compare the FLAC files precicely they would not be bit for bit identical. Of course the filenames would likely change and the text file not get passed along with the full info. Again Ethan, I don't actually care that much. The really anal people wouldn't want the 2 different sources to exist not to mention shun EAC>flac anyway if there is FLAC files somewhere. But whatever, it's a non issue really.