some fresh Oshe for you

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

i love ho's

my first festival was hodown 01, tim calls me up and asks me if i want to go camping and see the slip, lake trout, and schleigho. back then i wasnt into 'the scene' as much as i am now. but i said sure, why not. man, that was a great freakin time. The mc dude with the deep voice, kind of a show off, was working the theramin, and they had a strange trippy projection show on the stage.. well, lets just say i had to sit down and chill out for a bit.

i've tried to catch them as much as possible, i remember the belvedere/13th floor gigs being really cool, as well as all of the delaware shows. the newer shows are ok, theyre less jazz without paco, and theyre singing again, wich is alright but i prefer the instrumental stuff.

i wish i had seen them more and caught them earlier. what could have been.. :(

*some content editing by moderator*
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
tim
The Weight of Solomon

schleigho is one of the best bands i've ever seen, period. most definitely one of the most underrated bands ever. it's a shame that, as of right now, i'll always think about what could have been when thinking about them. i've probably seen them a little over 20 times, i'd have to do some hard thinking to get an exact number and, even then, i'd probably still not recall a show or two. diesel and i were out drinking the other weekend and we were talking about how it's such a shame they never completely broke through. i mentioned that it'd be cool if oteil burbridge sat in for the new studio album(because the ho's were on frogwings and opened for ABB) and then brought them out on the road with the peacemakers or something to try and give them one last jupstart. all that is just wishful thinking though. paco will always be one of my favorite bassists.
Del
Beantown Rocker

tim wrote:schleigho is one of the best bands i've ever seen, period. most definitely one of the most underrated bands ever. it's a shame that, as of right now, i'll always think about what could have been when thinking about them. i've probably seen them a little over 20 times, i'd have to do some hard thinking to get an exact number and, even then, i'd probably still not recall a show or two. diesel and i were out drinking the other weekend and we were talking about how it's such a shame they never completely broke through. i mentioned that it'd be cool if oteil burbridge sat in for the new studio album(because the ho's were on frogwings and opened for ABB) and then brought them out on the road with the peacemakers or something to try and give them one last jupstart. all that is just wishful thinking though. paco will always be one of my favorite bassists.
That's pretty much how I feel about nero... Mind you, I saw them more like 100 times, and it was moe. that took them under their wing (nero even got to play moe.Down 2003), but I know what you mean... Sometimes the good ones just slip through the cracks... It's a shame. I'm definately going to take all of your recommendations and check out Schleigo, sounds like they had something good going on... (Dave Lauzon on guitar and Chris "The Punk" Buote on bass, from nero, are two of my all time favorites...)
"I figured out what I'm good for, making anything look better" - Ugly Casanova
AcRj
Mudslide

just listened to the revolution hall show....these guys are indeed good..defintely worth a listen.