buttonwood?

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

casey
Alsoa

buttonwood?

please? will I ever get to hear this show again?
francis
From the Gecko

haven't heard talk about this for a while. i wouldn't mind enjoying that again.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

sadly

I have wondered about this one pretty much everyday since then. what an incredible night of music... a true and honest intimate and captivating experience for those who were in that room.

10/10/2004: Buttonwood Tree: Middletown, CT
Set I: Song, Reddish Moon, ?, Torque, Lonely Boy, River Sang To Buddah, Munf
Set II: The Shouters, Tin Can Coffee Cup, Trane-ing, Even Rats, Suffocation Keep
Encore: Rhythm and Gold
Notes: ? new song with eerie string synth by Andrew...sounded like a radiohead/jazz ballad kind of crazy thing. There were only about 70 people allowed in, the room was sooo small. the sound was incredible. many people were forced to sit for most of the show, some stood by the large windows outside and danced in the street. Definate slip magic tonight. Andrew and Marc were tearing up the place. They brought back alot of old stuff, and brought new and better froce to it. There was so much energy in that small place - people were very quiet and intense as well. Between sets BAM kinda hung out with people and just chilled. [ Josh and Johnny Kuckens - jkuckensATwheatonmaDOTedu ]

phrazz... ? was "lonley boy"

-john
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
casey
Alsoa

yeah man, probably my favorite slip show. just incredible. if I remember correctly, they did a 16 track recording of it.
KLUE
Get Me with Fuji

it's baried down there

I asked Tone about this one recently. Down in the pile exists a multi-track recording of this marvouls night. I dream about my kids listening to this year from now, when the boys are big stars and telling them 'That's me embarissing my self'. It's bound to surface sometime.
Last edited by KLUE on Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep Lookin' Up for Ever
BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

I would love to see more of the fall 2004 shows surface. It was a great time for them.
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

clinton? any words of encouragement for the masses?
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Can't I continue to ignore this thread? :wink: I've answered this a bunch of time but what is one more right? As of right now the show is not even mixed. So there is that. Then there is the fact that soundboards and multitracks are sort of uncirculateable. There is no room recording of this performance. So the show would have to be mixed and the band would have to agree to allow it to circulate. I also think that it wont live up to your memory of the show. :shock:

I seem to recall there being some minor issues with the tracks. That is a small space for that many mics. It would take over a week of focused time to make a good mix. I do not have that kind of time right now. As you might guess the band has no plans to be doing anything with this recording. Someday it should be finished. I have 100+ other unfinished things to do in my "spare" time as well.

Right now I have an ear infection and can't hear out of my left ear. I may never mix again. :cry:
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i had posed this question over the summer-

Perhaps what can happen is it will be a stream only ordeal- but because its a reflection of an earlier time, it can be utilized on my site.

Far Fetched I know but what they hey!

why is my site down hmmmmmmm

--dan
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

I hope you feel better soon Tone!
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Cleantone wrote:Right now I have an ear infection and can't hear out of my left ear. I may never mix again. :cry:
Oh sh*t, 'Tone. I am so sorry you're going through that. Hang in there, give it time, and don't give up.

hoby
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Hope that ear clears up and you're back to mixin' soon!
MATT
Get Me with Fuji

clinton,
feel better man, email me if i can help with any audio shit.
peace