http://vorlon.cwru.edu/~eff1/Slip

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

etahn
From the Gecko

I figure Booty's throwin it all down anyway, so...
The world really is magic
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I just hope that people are downloading mp3's for thier mp3 players and not to get it faster and make an audio cd that will later be traded around without knowledge.

Don't lets be stupid people! (what does that mean?) :)

For what it's worth, here's a cd-cover and liner for The Ice Cream Truck. The pic doesn't really have anything to do with the show, but it's better than nothing.

http://linux.kong.net/~asylum/slip/cove ... 8-7-04.pdf

-Pete
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Thats a funny cover man! Thanks! I had off the bat spelled Boubacar's name wrong. I feel bad about it. I think it is Boubacar Diabate for anyone who might care for details...
pete
Get Me with Fuji

Wow. This show really does kick booty.

Many thanks to Cleantone for recording it and to etahn for hosting it.

If there's anyone here without a fast connection, shoot me an email. I'll happily do a few B&P's.

-Pete
zaphodbeeblebrox15@yahoo.com
"Expressing a human need, I've always wanted to write a book that ended with the word Mayonnaise."
-Brautigan
etahn
From the Gecko

down by morning

This show puts me over my disk quota, and that makes it hard for me to get my work done. So I'll leave the mp3 version up, and bail the other when I get in tomorrow morning. Anyone left hanging can petition for a b&p or similar arrangement via PM.

Petitions will very very very likely be granted.
Phrazz

Quotas

...dude, just use var/tmp! :twisted:

Last edited by Phrazz on Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

where are the other ones

that site is missing alot... i was on here before and was grabbing them then had to go, now they are missing... help me out
Phrazz

disk quotas

I think Ethan said this show put him over his disk quota. Hmmm...I wonder where those files went? Some guy offered a B&P, that might be the quickest way. Things happen. Quotas expire. Files get deleted: that is the nature of the Internet.
josh
Tenfold

proud

personally i think the best proud is from 9-15-04 (colorado) when BAM transitions to it after " let the mornin in' " Just the way marc comes in playing that sweet baritone guitar...It is most definetly my fav proud
etahn
From the Gecko

where'd it go?

The server I'm using is a department server at school. Being a student, they give me a certain amount of space for my stuff. Placing the entire show in my web folder takes up too much space -- "puts me over my quota". When I'm over my quota, I can't write anything else into the file system, which means I can't do the work for which I get paid (same system), so I had to bail the flac version. The mp3 version is up for those who want to run it on their mp3 players, and NOT for those who want to convert to WAV and play as CD/trade as CD.

As stated earlier in this thread, anyone who wants to b&p should PM me, and we'll set something up. This is probably the best thing I heard from BAM in '04, and certainly one of the best I've heard from anyone ever.
sm
Beantown Rocker

wow... wish i got in on this earlier...

ice cream truck is a wonderful world for me, listening back to that show again, holy shit, what a nite. many a great version of many a great slip song, and i feel the same about some of the definitive versions to date... Proud most definitely! and same with Paper Birds (that intro!!!) and Fear of Falling, awesome transition into it, and brad's voice has some gusto behind it that really comes off great... i'll also agree that if for nothing else this show is worth it for the Soft Machine.. that has to be my single favourite slip anything... i love how the jam in the middle takes form, how long it takes to evolve, how patient the band is to let it work itself out... its pretty much the same jam that is in the high sierra soft machine, but it comes off so much better, their timing is absolutely bang on with everything in that song.. some of my best memories from that night are from during that song... i felt like i coulda gone home after that and it woulda all been worth it. hahaha. and shit, it was only an hour into the show!! 2 more to go! fuck, i could go on and on about this thing... the spice groove > shouters with bobokar singing... the super long dec. kids > wowoy w/ sara azriel was an absolutely beautiful way to finish the night off... the cut from the cloth!!! Eube to start felt great... for me it totally wasnt what i expected, them to just jump right into a song... the other times i'd seen them, and most of the recordings that frequented my cd player all started with some sort of pulse or beautifully chaotic build-up.. so that grabbed me right away, and i fell in love with that song, too! :)

hah, come to think of it, the only other time i saw them just bust into a song like that was probably hamilton.. opening with tonite we leave chicago, and that turned out to be a stellar nite, too.

oh, and personally, i really love the bobokar giabate set, i think its a beautiful set of music... its certainly unique in my music collection, so maybe thats part of it. i've always wondered, though... what about the late nite set in the barn with bobokar, brad, andrew, someone else on djembe, and that girl singing in front of bobokar, back and forth like... was anyone in there for that? did that get taped? i remember doing a headcount, and there was like 28 people in the barn... amazing... the dude leaning on the other side of the pole i was leaning on says to me "hey, arent those 2 guys up there from that band that played here tonite?". i was amazed that anyone there wouldnt know who these guys were... i mean, it was kinda small... and i came from kinda far... this guy was from connecticut for christ sake. dude blew my mind. anyways, that was a cool set from the truck, too..

ahhhhh, memories...... 8)
etahn
From the Gecko

http://vorlon.cwru.edu/~eff1/Slip/TheSlip1998-10-31/

I know plenty of people have heard this, but I'm actually on my first listen. Check out d2t03 especially. Some of this stuff is just pure comedy. I think it's also interesting listening to them with Stoltzmann. Half a step from a Phish knock-off at times.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

awesome, this is f'ing hilarious!!!! 'steppin' out' is taking me way back right now...i'm having CalecoVisions of he-men and reading rainbows.

do you have 10/30/99?
Last edited by tim on Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
etahn
From the Gecko

rumor has it that Freddy T and Jonny B have or had at least one copy between them. I have never heard these tapes, but would absolutely love to.
That was one of the best show experiences I've had (in a ROLLer rink, no less!), and the Crazy Burger breakfast the next day just made my weekend.

They'l surface someday, when we're old and gray(er), and a memory like that makes your year, or maybe your whole retirement home experience.