New Years Eve

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

New Years Eve

Hey everyone. I just want to let people know what the deal is with this recording. I've gotten more inquiries than most shows for good reason. This doesn't need to be reiterated all over the internet or anything but so everyone knows the situation hear it is. I accidently erased the whole thing. It's a real bummer since I was the only recordist. Just kidding I have the whole show as a full multitrack recording. I haven't fibbed about why I haven't started on it yet but I want to give a heads up that this will not be circulated as a bootleg. This is going to be an official release and not for trading and free downloading. Since I have had so manu direct questions about where it will be posted for download or if we can vine and these things. I have been evasive untill I asked BAM if giving advance notice that this will be used was okay. This way everyone knows I'm making it sound as good as possable and mixing a 4 hour multitrack and not just holding out! So it's still gonna be a while but I hope it's worth it for everyone. I look forward to mixing the show.

that is all... :twisted:
Phrazz

NYE show

Hey Cleantone,

Thanks for keeping us posted. I would love to buy a copy of this, and if the copies get out before that, it isn't fair to the band, taper and anyone else involved in producing the show. It's a burden to just tape, but when people just beg for shows, it adds frustration on top of the work involved just to record, not to mention mixing and mastering...which can take five to ten times as long (to do right).

BTW, I saw the post about the Duo show and wonder what is the deal with that? Does this other taper know the show is being produced? This kind of thing can easily happen, but hopefully you can resolve it if there's an issue. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

I'm glad you erased NYE...now people can stop grovelling for it! :twisted:

Looks like you have this board under control, but if anyone bitches at you--tell them to talk to me. I'll summarize: listen to Cleantone. He's got skills....

-TTL8R,

Phrazz
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

BTW, I saw the post about the Duo show and wonder what is the deal with that? Does this other taper know the show is being produced? This kind of thing can easily happen, but hopefully you can resolve it if there's an issue. Please let me know if I can help in any way.
What do you mean? My post thats sticky in this forum? Do you mean how fromthegrieco posted the audience recording link? I actually erased that link. I jumped the gun doing so and can't "take it back". I read his post and was a little put off. I posted that because I was excited that a full on multitrack recording that I alone with no assistance tracked, mixed, and mastered was being sold on LivePhish. You know, the fact that I now have credits for a record that has half of Phish on it? The money goes to support The Duo who could use it and the Mockingbird thing (although I think thats just VT) and yes of course Mike and managment get thier share. If no AUD's were already out they would have sold a whole lot more and my paycheck to compensate the HUGE effort I put into making this happen quickly and properly would have been double or more. Thats why I quickly erased that post. Imediatly afterward I realized he had every right to post it and it is okay that the audience recording circulates. It doesn't infrindge on anyones copywrites or rules, it just makes a big dent in sales. Since taping was allowed at the show, it's allowed to circulate as well. I should have just explained that on a scale of 1-10 the aud is a 3 or 4 and the release I did is a lot closer to 10 instead. Sorry about that "fromthem" if your reading this... Feel free to PM me and bitch me out.
Del
Beantown Rocker

Sweet! I heard the show was off the hook, but it must be OFF THE HOOK if BAM wants to release it officially! I'm looking forward to grabbing that as soon as it's released...

A quick question: I know that the NYE show is obviously your priority, but are Brooklyn and Providence going to be released for trading? Not grovelling for them or anything, just wondering what their status is... Are we going to see auds or does BAM have plans for those as well?

Good work Cleantone, sounds like your plate is pretty full with work lately. Congratulations!
"I figured out what I'm good for, making anything look better" - Ugly Casanova
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Well I didn't record either of those two show and I'm not sure an audience source exists. My friend was planning to get the Lupo's show but I haven't talked with him yet. He should have it though. Otherwise I don't know if anyone got an audience.
iandigstheslip
Mudslide

Well, it's not every show that you get props from the stage, let alone form Sammy! Make sure to leave that part in, and turn in up LOUD so everyone can hear my name, when you make the final mix!
Hell yeah!
-Ian
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Dude your on a record! Unless they specifically as me to take it out it will be there. Actually Sammy it still saying your name when they start it so it has to stay! awsome!
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

As sweet as an official release will be, I really enjoy listening to aud recordings and was looking forward to this one. But I'm certainly not one to complain about a great sounding recording! Im sure it will be worth the wait
iandigstheslip
Mudslide

Well Cleantone,
I have to say that's pretty cool, but I was really only kidding about it, but if that's how its gotta be, then so be it.
I'm REALLY looking forward to hearing you're final mix when its released, as aliveacoustic sounds phenominal!
If you've got any say, my 2 cents would be to release the ENTIRE show, and not just a smattering of tracks, as in aliveacoustic. I mean this show was one of the greatest in recent history, Completely solid from start to finish, I think the "Slip through the ages" theme made for a truly amazing night of music.
Keep up the good work!
-Ian
rhythmicstorm
Get Me with Fuji

everybody loves I-I-IAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Guess what I started working on today?
casey
Alsoa

awesome
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

\m/ :twisted: \m/
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

hmm

your barbie doll collection?!
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
tim
The Weight of Solomon

a complete retrospective of the amazing musical career of particle???