ISO SMMD 6/30/06 Late Night HSMF

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

ISO SMMD 6/30/06 Late Night HSMF

Hey folks, I'm new around here, been listening to the Slip for quite a while now and had a great High Sierra (other than somewhat opressive police presence, though they didn't bother me.) I have to say that SMMD at Camp Harry (no relation!) was a highlight, maybe some of you were there!

I was looking for a copy of the Surprise Me Mr. Davis late night set 6/30 opening for My Morning Jacket. I'd like to hear the MMJ set as well, it was my first time seeing/hearing them and I dug it. I also would love a copy of the SMMD Vaudeville set from last year but now I have a list of requests! :)

Anyway what I'm looking for most is the late night set. For any of you who weren't there you can buy SBD's of the Slip mainstage and the SMMD Big Meadow set from High Sierra...

I have quite a bit of music, including a decent amount of Slip to trade and I have a private FTP if that makes things easier!

-Harry
putty
From the Gecko

http://www.fmpweb-store.com/hsmusic/new ... erchandise

you can buy the shows there. how do they sound?

i wish they had setlists on there.
lumpy
From the Gecko

Hey Harry, it's Dave (of Dave and Roxy glory) - I'd been wanting to get in touch with you...

There's a taper Ian Stone who taped both of the Surprise Me sets (Camp Harry will have to live on in our ears) and should be putting them up on bt.etree.org shortly. He's already posted some of his recordings there and is working on the rest.

I've got a copy of the vaudeville set from last summer (nathan's arrest story) that I can get to you easily. What's up with the Ivy Room recording from June?

Say hello to January for me, and I hope we get to hang out again soon.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Hey Dave! I figured Camp Harry would not have been taped, it was fun but I bet the moment would hold up much better in memory than on tape anyway. We should get together and I can raid your Slip/SMMD CD's as well!

Glad to hear tapes are coming of the SMMD sets, I have d/l'd a bunch of Ian's HSMF stuff already off bittorrent.

Oh, and I do have the Ivy Room show, the vocals are pretty low in the mix since it was an on-stage mic set-up but they get better throughout the show (Marty re-aligned one of his mics so it was picking Brad up pretty well) and the rest sounds pretty crisp.

In response to putty, I have only heard The Slip mainstage set but it is pretty fantastic DSBD quality, the FestivalLive CD's are generally pretty good, at least of the main stages. The vocals are a little hot as I recall but I'd highly recommend it.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Video fragment of camp harry

I was just YouTubing (can anyone else not belive that half of the stuff on YouTube is copyright infringement?) and found a fragment of the camp harry set!!! (As well as a few bits of the big meadow)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3VOI5XO ... ed&search=

I am still waiting for Ian Stone to BT the set, I haven't bugged him about it or anything, he seems to be seeding a bunch of his HSMF stuff so I'm waitin....
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

teehee...
yeah those two clips from big meadow are mine. guess i forgot to put a link up here, eh?
:wink:
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>