ipod/live show question

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tim
The Weight of Solomon

ipod/live show question

how do you get a show to go in order when transfering it to your itunes?

i just transfered 4-06-06 (duo) over to my itunes and the first set went in order until i transfered the second set over, then it listed as d2t1 d1t1, d2t2 d1t2 etc etc. and went in my ipod this way. anyone know how to move songs around to get it to go all d1 then all d2? hope this makes sense, thanks.
gabe
Lion on a Rock

in itunes: right click on the song > get info > the second tab from the left up top > track number, disc number. If you put the first disc as disc 1 of 2 and the second as 2 of 2, it ought to go in order.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

It's annoying. What I do it first load them all in. Then select all of the songs for the show. Right click "get info" and add the Artist (Benevento/Russo), Album (2006-04-06 S. Burlington), Year (2006), and "Disk of" (2). Then sort those by clicking the "album" bar. Then highlight disk one, "get info and add the amount of tracks to the box for "track number of" (10) and "disk" (1). Repeat for disk two's files. Then you have to click get info for each song. I start at the last song and go to thie first. Your adding the "track number for this step. After you go all the way through the songs should be in order when you sort with the "album" bar. Then you can click the name (duo2006-04-06d1t01) and change it to "preset", (duo2006-04-06d1t02) and change it to "Best Reason to Buy the Sun" etc...

This is the fastest way I have found to do it. I wish the FLAC metadata would transfer to AIFF/WAV and again to MP3.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

thanks for helping a simple caveman out

gabe
Lion on a Rock

tim
The Weight of Solomon

ok gabe, let's see how smart you really are. i've got an album on there and instead of just having one section with the artist's name when i select artist, it has a selection for each song. is there any way to change it around so i can put all the songs under one artist name? right now it goes grateful dead, then twelve seperate selections for handsome boy modeling school, then herbie hancock. other artists do this but it's not such a big deal. ex.- there are two slots for the duo, one reading benevento russo duo and another reading benevento/russo duo. that's not such a big deal it's just that tweleve seperate listing that is irking me right now. is there any way to consolidate all the handsome boy modeling school tracks into one selection until i click on the name which will then show all the tracks? ya dig? thanks!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Is that for Gabe to field alone? If I understance you correctly I have a simple solution.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

nah, feel free to serve up a sloution 'toe. i just like giving gabe a hard time cause he's french.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

benevento russo duo and another reading benevento/russo duo.
You would either, select both shows in full, then "get info" and change the name to whichever you prefer. By the way, I think you need to make sure the check box is checked for it to apply to all selections. Or you could of course highlight each show by itself and change them individually.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

awesome, thanks alot. i'll give it a shot when i get around to my computer tonight.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

just switched everything around and it worked perfectly, thanks alot. in fact it may have worked too perfectly cause now i'm going to rename every ryan adams song i have to "tim's basement demos". i can see it now...hey ladies wanna check out some songs i've been working on? :twisted:
headnugg
Invocation

KILL YOUR IPOD
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.