Slip tour?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

joec
Even Rats

Slip tour?

So…no one using this site anymore? I’m personally very curious to hear how the shows have been so far as I haven’t been able to be there myself. Kind of shocked first tour in so long no one is discussing…
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

Re: Slip tour?

no one really uses this site anymore unfortunately. I'm not a facebook person by any means but "The slipstream" page on facebook is basically where all the discussion is and postings about the show including some audio files from the last couple nights.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Yes this place is pretty dead... old school social media :)

I plan to keep it up for the indefinite future, there's a ton of stuff here that isn't anywhere else but yes The Slipstream group on Facebook is pretty active.

I didn't go to these last 3 but will be there next weekend. I've been torrenting shows on etree and putting mp3 up in the Dropbox too:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/je3o1c553v9h ... 82uja?dl=0
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

harrymcq wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:44 am Yes this place is pretty dead... old school social media :)

I plan to keep it up for the indefinite future, there's a ton of stuff here that isn't anywhere else but yes The Slipstream group on Facebook is pretty active.

I didn't go to these last 3 but will be there next weekend. I've been torrenting shows on etree and putting mp3 up in the Dropbox too:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/je3o1c553v9h ... 82uja?dl=0
Thanks Harry!! Yeah I couldnt make the past 3 but plan on making the 2 brooklyn bowl shows (NYC). I wish I had jumped on the levon helms show earlier when tickets were still available as that will be a great show. Was really debating about mkaing the far drive up to Burlington to catch them but with work the next day, I couldnt swing it. Would have been cool if they ended up doing a Northampton show as I remember going to a ton of shows there back in that 03-08 period of various bands but no idea what venues are still around there these days.
joec
Even Rats

Thanks friends. Stumbled onto that slipstream FB page earlier today. I knew there must be activity somewhere, and glad to see it, but sorry that it's such a chaotic facebook shaped mess. I did like the clean threaded format of this one...anyway, hope to see some folks later this week
joec
Even Rats

and yeah i wish they could sneak in a Northampton show, esp now that one of the philly shows is cancelled. I'm still there in Western MA, would be so happy to see them locally
bear
From the Gecko

[quote=Kevin_Kjr post_id=26146 time=1636831339 user_id=349]
no one really uses this site anymore unfortunately. I'm not a facebook person by any means but "The slipstream" page on facebook is basically where all the discussion is and postings about the show including some audio files from the last couple nights.
[/quote]
I check this site al the time, haha, but it does seem that more folks are involved on facebook. I don't check FB either but glad folks are posting such great photos/videos/set sits/recordings etc. Wasn't able to see any shows in person this run but living vicariously through y'all!

Harry, it looks like the dropbox folder is down. Was hoping to grab the Levon Helm show. Thanks for posting all the others (was Philly recorded?) as I've been loving making my way through these. Boys are sounds great! Looking forward to hopefully a new album and some summer outdoor dates.
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

bear wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:48 pm Harry, it looks like the dropbox folder is down. Was hoping to grab the Levon Helm show. Thanks for posting all the others (was Philly recorded?) as I've been loving making my way through these. Boys are sounds great! Looking forward to hopefully a new album and some summer outdoor dates.
The Dropbox is down right now, I believe I exceeded bandwidth. Maybe just because of the tour and all the excitement surrounding it? One guy messaged me and said he had added the whole thing to his Dropbox directly and then it seemed to go down? They said to wait one day.

I am not aware of any full show recordings of Philly, just saw a few clips.
Phrazz

Re: Slip tour? - Philly, SlipLive vs SlipStream

Hi Bear! BTW, SlipLive is now getting some love again for those of us who aren't active or on FB. I will try to check here more often, or if you have setlist/note updates, you can email me.

Have not heard of any Philly recordings, sadly. I could ask the house staff if they got something from the SBD, next time I visit.

I second the emotion re: SlipLive having lots of history, and glad Harry is able to maintain it!! :D
Every picture tells a story.